Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

moosemoose Senior Barfly
TBL outclassing all in CBJ after one, they need Bob to stand on his head to make this a series.

Isles lack of experience not showing with Trotz, up 2-1 after one (an inch away from 3-1).

Comments

• moosemoose Senior Barfly
    CBJ gets one back on a Foligno breakaway
    Jackets and Bob woke up in the last ten minutes of the second. Interesting finish if they can keep that up.
    3-2.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Just hoping this carries over into Game 2.  No more horrific periods, please.
    elpalito said:

Just hoping this carries over into Game 2.  No more horrific periods, please.

Tied up shorty. Uh oh

Uh ohhhhhh
    CBJ a completely different team after that Foligno goal tonight. They don’t look like an 8 seed.
    Mid second Marner 2 Bruins 1.

Nice move on a penalty shot after being taken down on a short handed break.
    dave67
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Bs need Kuraly. Get better quickly!
    dave67 said:

Bs need Kuraly. Get better quickly!

Bruins have the D and a great top line, but the buds being able to spread Tavares, Marner, Auston, Kadri and Nylander over 3 lines is pretty ridiculous.

Go Leafs Go.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Roslovic playing for the Jets. Let's go Blues though.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    No Czarnik in the lineup for the Flames tonite.
    What is going on in Tampa? In the last 3 periods CBJ has outscored the lightning 6-0.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    CBJ now up 5-1 against TB late in the third, unreal
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Brett Hull is right. Kucherov should sit for a game.
    mooseelpalito
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Madness in San Jose tonight.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Blues making the Jets their bitch. Yay.
    Kadri out the rest of the series.
    Ovi fight. KO.
    moose
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    imageThis thread
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Only reason I clicked on this thread was because I noted the MHT Meme Team made the most recent post. That I had to see for myself.
    MHT_Meme_Team
    On the 19th day of the month in '19, Yzerman returns to the Wings as GM.  Holland moves upstairs.  I think this would indicate that Yzerman was approving all deals all year long, including the Blashilll extension.
    JohnnyMac said:

On the 19th day of the month in '19, Yzerman returns to the Wings as GM.  Holland moves upstairs.  I think this would indicate that Yzerman was approving all deals all year long, including the Blashilll extension.

Glad that the architect of the biggest choke in NHL history is headed to you guys.

JohnnyMac said:

Glad that the architect of the biggest choke in NHL history is headed to you guys.
    Glad you admit Tampa choked rather than the BJs won.

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

We still won though, right?
    AORedHawk33MHT_Meme_Team
    (stands on podium)

That hit on Oshie wasn't that bad. Get over it. 

(steps off podium while muttering to everyone nearby that somehow Tom Wilson defenders are mad about a borderline penalty)
    Professor_Fateelpalito
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    The Calgary-Colorado series has been wild.  I watched the majority of the first game and Calgary looked absolutely dominant. I thought they would sweep the Avs
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

Bet it's fun having your whole team on the golf course already? Manage to catch any of them out there? Enjoy having a mentally and physically weak team be built.
    Kuraly expected back tonight in Boston.

Go Leafs Go
  • MazMaz Senior Barfly

(stands on podium)

That hit on Oshie wasn't that bad. Get over it. 

(steps off podium while muttering to everyone nearby that somehow Tom Wilson defenders are mad about a borderline penalty)
    Define "that bad".  

It was not a hard hit.  On that we agree.  But, it was certainly a penalty -- there was nothing borderline about it.  Given the relationship to the boards and the position of the player being hit, it was dangerous (i,e, "reckless").  And, it caused a significant injury.  But, it was not hard and I don't think it was malicious (with intent to inure).  The NHL's standards are opaque, to say the least ...

In deciding on Supplementary Discipline for On-Ice Conduct, the following factors will be taken into account:
    (a) The type of conduct involved: conduct in violation of League Playing Rules, and whether the conduct is intentional or reckless, and involves the use of excessive and unnecessary force. Players are responsible for the consequences of their actions.
    (b) Injury to the opposing Player(s) involved in the incident.
    (c) The status of the offender and, specifically, whether the Player has a history of being subject to Supplementary Discipline for On-Ice Conduct. Players who repeatedly violate League Playing Rules will be more severely punished for each new violation.
    (d) The situation of the game in which the incident occurred, for example: late in the game, lopsided score, prior events in the game.
    (e) Such other factors as may be appropriate in the circumstances.

I think it should have been 5 minutes and 1-game suspension.