Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

New Tailgating Changes

Does anybody have information on the changes this year?

Comments

• D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    The West lot will have the RV lot & RV overflow, and a dedicated handicap section; the rest of the West lot will be wide open.

The area behind Millett & in front of the softball field will be the foodtruck area.

The East lot & East drive will be the Red Zone.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Dodds God
    The area behind Millet was where Red Zone was last year correct?
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly

The area behind Millet was where Red Zone was last year correct?

No, the Red Zone was in reserved spots in the West lot. When they told me there would no longer be assigned spots in the West lot I chose to move to the new Red Zone in the East lot.

I think the change was made because of what was apparent to all, the Red Zone had more empty spaces than ones being used. The East lot location should be fairly close to full and has the potential to offer a more intimate setting; my concern is that it is removed from the energy and excitement of the West lot. If I don’t like it I can move back in 2020.
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    And if you buy a red zone spot it doesn't guarantee you a space there. Which doesn't make me happy when I drive four hours to game. 

• D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    edited April 20
    Iam4hawks said:

And if you buy a red zone spot it doesn't guarantee you a space there. Which doesn't make me happy when I drive four hours to game. 

Not quite accurate - when you originally applied for this coming season's Red Zone, there was a chance that the new Red Zone would be over-subscribed since it is smaller, and you might not get accepted. However, if you do get in, you will get a reserved spot.

As of this morning, the lot is not fully subscribed.  In the next 3 to 4 weeks Alex (ticket office) will be calling those who ordered Red Zone to pick their spot, based on priority points.  So, if you ordered, you will be getting a spot.

However, if you ordered a parking pass for the West lot which is no longer Red Zone, it is wide open & there is no guarantee that the lot will not fill up!
    grumpy1redhawk11
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    That's not what the info I received said. What I got says the redzone will be over subscribed and when filled, the overflow will be sent to other parking areas. As far as actually getting a spot, I have one. I just have no confidence it won't be filled when I show up to use it.  But, I do hope your info is more up to date and correct. 
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    D_Day knows his parking rules! He's the Man!
    Bash_RiprockDICKredhawk11
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Iam4hawks said:

That's not what the info I received said. What I got says the redzone will be over subscribed and when filled, the overflow will be sent to other parking areas. As far as actually getting a spot, I have one. I just have no confidence it won't be filled when I show up to use it.  But, I do hope your info is more up to date and correct. 

When I learned of the changes I called Alex to have the new program fully explained to me. @D_Day’s explanation is exactly as she described it to me.
    Iam4hawks