Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets Thread

Comments

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    The drama!
  • Yager07KumlerYager07Kumler Senior Barfly
    Can’t sleepwalk for 50 out of 60 minutes and expect to win. I don’t get it.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Amazing 3rd period.

Panarin cost you guys two goals, including the game-winner, with his half-assed back-checking.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Can’t sleepwalk for 50 out of 60 minutes and expect to win. I don’t get it.

Thought we played afraid to make a mistake and thus were very lethargic. Safe is death used to be the team mantra. They better up their game on Monday or death is coming.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

Amazing 3rd period.

Panarin cost you guys two goals, including the game-winner, with his half-assed back-checking.

When your head coach decides to ice 7 defensemen and only give one of them 3 minutes...and then he double shifts Panarin repeatedly... I didn't think it was half-assed backchecking.  That's a guy out of gas. 
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    I'm listening in the office.  Finals week and grading.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Chances galore for CBJ... my God.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    And then you give up the softy....
  • Yager07KumlerYager07Kumler Senior Barfly
    Can’t win if you can’t score. Team has a serious lack of offense. That’s why I’m confused as to why he started 7 defensemen the other night.

Disappointing end to the season. Up 2-1 in the series to lose 3 in a row, with two of them being at home. Looked outstanding in games 1-3 and then something changed. The better team won the series. Fun year with a very bad ending.
    JiveHawkMHT_Meme_Team
    I knew you losers were done as soon as I saw you printed up t-shirts that proclaimed "FIRST ROUND VICTORY!"
    MHT_Meme_Team

Can’t win if you can’t score. Team has a serious lack of offense. That’s why I’m confused as to why he started 7 defensemen the other night.

Disappointing end to the season. Up 2-1 in the series to lose 3 in a row, with two of them being at home. Looked outstanding in games 1-3 and then something changed. The better team won the series. Fun year with a very bad ending.

Unfortunately agree. No idea how you can't solve Rask but we couldn't so it's over. It sucks for the sport because more teams should "go for it" like we did instead of hedging on future assets that likely won't pan out.

Now begins the incredibly annoying summer of free agency. Duchene needs to be priority #1-100.
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    JohnnyMac said:

I knew you losers were done as soon as I saw you printed up t-shirts that proclaimed "FIRST ROUND VICTORY!"

I knew the redwings were done about four months ago. move along.
    JiveHawkQuinoaburger
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Havighurstite
    Rask was tremendous in goal last night.  A team can really ride a hot goalie.  Granted, CBJ hit the iron a number of times.  Should be an interesting off season.
    Successful season as far as I'm concerned.  You can focus on Duchene, Sack.  I'll start wondering which scrub will get to step into Bob's shoes.  Korpi and Elvis are fool's gold.
    elpalito said:

Successful season as far as I'm concerned.  You can focus on Duchene, Sack.  I'll start wondering which scrub will get to step into Bob's shoes.  Korpi and Elvis are fool's gold.

A #1 center and goalie are pretty damn important. I'm buying the Elvis hype. But then again, I am very against paying a goalie 8 figures.
    JiveHawkChrisW1980

Unfortunately agree. No idea how you can't solve Rask but we couldn't so it's over. It sucks for the sport because more teams should "go for it" like we did instead of hedging on future assets that likely won't pan out.

Now begins the incredibly annoying summer of free agency. Duchene needs to be priority #1-100.
    Remember if you resign Duschene you lose another #1 pick.

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.
    A Duchene is a Duchene, but a first round pick could be anything. It could even be a Duchene.

Fans overvalue picks so much.
    The_Sackman
    JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.
    A Duchene is a Duchene, but a first round pick could be anything. It could even be a Duchene.

And prospects. Holy shit especially prospects with this fan base. They want to be Cup contenders every year while also always being the youngest team in the league and buying out every veteran who has slipped just a little bit. It's hilarious.
    I just find Foligno annoying.  Trade him for anyone who can do a spinorama correctly.
    elpalito said:

I just find Foligno annoying.  Trade him for anyone who can do a spinorama correctly.

That move has never worked. 
    edited June 30
    JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

Adios to Duchene and your 2019 #1 pick.

JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

I'd love to see Jarmo throw a monster offer sheet at Marner but the compensation is so stupid that NHL GMs are cowards about that. 

Time to rebuild or reload or whatever.

JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

I'd love to see Jarmo throw a monster offer sheet at Marner but the compensation is so stupid that NHL GMs are cowards about that. 

But fans over-value draft picks! Give up the 4 #1s and send the offer sheet!

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

I would. Getting Marner would mean you're picking in the teens at worst for the next four years anyway.

I do love the desperation heave ho offer to Panarin. Make him turn down 100 mill!

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

I would. Getting Marner would mean you're picking in the teens at worst for the next four years anyway.

I do love the desperation heave ho offer to Panarin. Make him turn down 100 mill!
    If they really waited until last night to offer the 8 years, it was just a PR move.
    JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

A #1 Center is worth it.

If they really waited until last night to offer the 8 years, it was just a PR move.
    He's had an 8 year extension offer on his desk for a year now.
    Sounds like Panarin to the Rangers while leaving money on the table. 
    Rough day for us gorgeous Jackets fans...unless Ryan Murray is ready to be a 100 point scorer of course.

Rough day for us gorgeous Jackets fans...unless Ryan Murray is ready to be a 100 point scorer of course.

It's OK, you get Gus Nyquist.