Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Logan Speyer Transferring

Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
Enters the transfer portal as of 30 mins ago

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Just saw that. Another hit to DL depth. Thankfully we signed a few DL in this class. I wish Logan all the best in his future endeavors. 
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Fellow defensive lineman David Marsh has transferred to Wabash as well. This staff has whiffed on a lot of defensive ends. We've been poor there since Albright and Jones graduated. We get stuck with short guys we move from DT and we lose a lot of athleticism and length we should have. Speyer was 6'5" 270. That's P5 size and he never touched the field even though he looked competent whenever I saw him practice.
    JiveHawk said:

Fellow defensive lineman David Marsh has transferred to Wabash as well. This staff has whiffed on a lot of defensive ends. We've been poor there since Albright and Jones graduated. We get stuck with short guys we move from DT and we lose a lot of athleticism and length we should have. Speyer was 6'5" 270. That's P5 size and he never touched the field even though he looked competent whenever I saw him practice.

I was just going to say he RS in 2017 and saw action in one game per the Miami website in 2018. So maybe he is looking for somewhere to get more PT. Can't blame him for wanting to play, and can't blame the coaches if they don't think he fits in their plans. We have moved a couple LB to DE the last couple years, specifically Ryan Newton and Cam Turner. Both were all state Missouri LB. But Cam is a bit undersized for the position. I hope guys like Maize keep developing. 
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Nigel adams also transferring
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Adams

"Besides the amazing campus and academics, it was the coaches' love for the sport and passion to win that drove me to commit. I had a great vibe with the coaches!"

After tearing it up at Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Georgia, the 6-foot 220 pound running back will join fellow 2016 commits quarterback Noah Wezensky, athlete Noah Burse, and wide receiver Stori Emerson as they become the new group of offensive weapons for the RedHawks. The Miami program seems to be rising quickly as the RedHawks have a very bright future ahead."
    Quinoaburger
    What a strange article. Kobe (not Noah) Burse and Adams were coming in on defense from the start.

Stori made some poor choices and went from a highly rated WR to playing at Marian to not playing at all.

Wezensky started the first four games for Hanover before what seems like an injury took him out. He played well. He transferred after telling the staff he didn't want to put the effort into playing FBS football, so I think he's getting the best of both worlds at Hanover.

I had high hopes for Adams. Super athletic, just a bit on the short side for a MLB. Burse will probably be one of the safeties getting playing time this year, so 25% hit rate on that article.
    miamialumFootbalhead
    WMU just had Reed, their top WR as a true freshman, enter the transfer portal. On top of that, one of their top RBs also entered the portal today. Rumors floating around that perhaps a P5 or two reached out to them. WMU lost their #2 WR earlier this cycle as well.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    BG's Quarterback Jarret Doege announces he's transferring to WVU
    Nescacdad
    People come, people go. That is the way of things now in college sports. I'm not going to fret now everytime a Miami player transfers. I will wish them well and stop talking about them. 
    ScalperNescacdad
    Bluesman said:

People come, people go. That is the way of things now in college sports. I'm not going to fret now everytime a Miami player transfers. I will wish them well and stop talking about them. 

Agreed...and so far, we have many less than other MAC schools
    Tyler Fleetwood also transferring.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    edited May 18

BG's Quarterback Jarret Doege announces he's transferring to WVU

BUGS just got a QB commit from Toledo Whitmer’s Riley Keller, a pretty good player and Ben Roethlisberger’s second cousin.
    JiveHawk said:

I wish Fleetwood Mac well. Rumours was a great album!! 
    Nescacdad
  • D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    You can go your own way!
    dave67killgas20
    Monday Morning QB.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

JiveHawk said:

I wish Fleetwood Mac well. Rumours was a great album!! 
    Can't blame him for thinking about tomorrow.
    dave67killgas20
    Speyer, Adams, Marsh and Fleetwood were not expected to see the field much (if at all) this coming season, so not as big of losses as I thought.
    dave67Scalperagcgrumpy1
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Thanks for the clarification Spanks.
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Dodds God
    Tyler Mabry is transferring from Buffalo to Maryland
    Ouch. Between graduation and transfers, Buffalo losing a ton on offense from last season
  • HawksGrad18HawksGrad18 Dodds God
    Hawks are winning the East. Book it.
    digitalhawkaba222

Hawks are winning the East. Book it.

I think our DBs are going to easily be tops in the MAC...my concern is a new QB. IF we have one that sticks out above the rest and our WRs step up, should be a decent year as long as we don't get discouraged after the first 3-4 games.
    Mitchell Lewis announces he's leaving the program.
    redbear18
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    any players that have left saw a lot of playing time?
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Dodds God
    None of the ones that have left were starters. They would get the occasional playing time but nothing significant
    Logan Speyer just announced he will be playing for Findlay. 
    rexjack53 said:

any players that have left saw a lot of playing time?

No starters. Depth players. Always good to have depth, but if they didn't feel Miami was right for them, best for all concerned that they move on. 
    Nescacdad
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Logan Speyer just announced he will be playing for Findlay. 

Isn't that where Billy Bahl wound up?
    edited June 1
    Ashland. Similar school.