Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

University of Oklahoma will be unranked

Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
edited May 23 in Rogue Boosters
Don’t get your hopes up football fans, different rankings

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/23/us/university-oklahoma-best-colleges-ranking/index.html

Comments

• DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    THEM SOONERS IS CHEATIN' AS HELL, PAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLL.  IMMA HANG UP AND LISTEN.
    JCook32
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I hoping someone in the Hollywood bribing/admissions scandal paid their way into Choklahoma.
    Bash_Riprock
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Using alumni giving as a way to determine the quality of a school seems so meaningless. Even if it can accurately measure "student satisfaction and post-graduate engagement" it would measure how satisfied alumni from decades are, not just recent graduates. 
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

I hoping someone in the Hollywood bribing/admissions scandal paid their way into Choklahoma.

Someone paid $100K to get their kid into Chapman. CHAPMAN.
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    MooreHawk said:

Using alumni giving as a way to determine the quality of a school seems so meaningless. Even if it can accurately measure "student satisfaction and post-graduate engagement" it would measure how satisfied alumni from decades are, not just recent graduates. 

Thought the same. I wonder: what does prevent any university from asking every graduate for at least 1 dollar just to game the ranking system?
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Nothing.  Most schools do it.  It's why places like Miami make a big push to get the graduating class to contribute to the "class gift" back to the school.  And it's not even primarily about gaming US News.  Institutional research shows that encouraging recent graduates to make small gifts gets them into the habit of donating annually -- and those gifts tend to grow as they progress in their careers.  
    agcDICK