Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

University of Oklahoma will be unranked

Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
edited May 2019 in Rogue Boosters
Don’t get your hopes up football fans, different rankings

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/23/us/university-oklahoma-best-colleges-ranking/index.html

Comments

• JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I hoping someone in the Hollywood bribing/admissions scandal paid their way into Choklahoma.
    Bash_Riprock
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    Using alumni giving as a way to determine the quality of a school seems so meaningless. Even if it can accurately measure "student satisfaction and post-graduate engagement" it would measure how satisfied alumni from decades are, not just recent graduates. 
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

I hoping someone in the Hollywood bribing/admissions scandal paid their way into Choklahoma.

Someone paid $100K to get their kid into Chapman. CHAPMAN.
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    MooreHawk said:

Using alumni giving as a way to determine the quality of a school seems so meaningless. Even if it can accurately measure "student satisfaction and post-graduate engagement" it would measure how satisfied alumni from decades are, not just recent graduates. 

Thought the same. I wonder: what does prevent any university from asking every graduate for at least 1 dollar just to game the ranking system?