Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Cleveland area earthquake

Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS) there was a magnitude 4.0 quake this morning at around 9:50 (EDT) centered 4 km NNW of Eastlake, OH. It wasn't very deep, only around 5 km. Did any Cleveland-area hawktalkers feel it? Red Sea?

Comments

• dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Son and daughter-in-law due to be in Put-in-Bay this week...any tsunami potential?   ;3
    Professor_Fate
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    edited June 10
    I was in my downtown office and did not feel it. It is 40 story building and we are on the 34th floor and sometimes i can feel the building swaying during tstorms so i was pleasantly surprised that I didnt feel it. Lake Erie is at an all time high water level so we are on tsunami alert :)
    As I suspected, thanks. :D
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

Son and daughter-in-law due to be in Put-in-Bay this week...any tsunami potential?   ;3

Highly unlikely given that the "North Coast" is not a subduction zone.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

I was in my downtown office and did not feel it. It is 40 story building and we are on the 34th floor and sometimes i can feel the building swaying during tstorms so i was pleasantly surprised that I didnt feel it. Lake Erie is at an all time high water level so we are on tsunami alert :)

Only song that came into my head.  Here's your ear bug

• JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    edited June 10
    Actually, I think this song is appropriate today:

Bash_Riprock

dave67 said:

Highly unlikely given that the "North Coast" is not a subduction zone.
    You are soooo geologic.   :)

Redsea said:

Only song that came into my head.  Here's your ear bug

We were in Maui for the 2011 tsunami, even got a T shirt!  :D
    Professor_Fate
  • skipatrollerskipatroller Senior Barfly
    Cleaning up the damage NE Ohio. Hopefully my FEMA paperwork goes through...

Professor_Fatedave67DICK
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Several years ago I was sitting in the upper deck of Jacobs Field when the whole deck started swaying from an earthquake.  A bunch of people got up and left ( or moved to lower levels).
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    edited June 10
    I was home, and it was a very noticeable four second shake and bake. 

• skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

My wife and I just returned from driving by Miller ‘s Ferry. You would only get me on that thing at gun point today. No Put in Bay beer or pizza would be worth that ride.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Several years ago I was sitting in the upper deck of Jacobs Field when the whole deck started swaying from an earthquake.  A bunch of people got up and left ( or moved to lower levels).

August of 2011, Dick?
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

DICK said:

August of 2011, Dick?
    That sounds right.
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God
    I'm heading up there tomorrow for the Reds-Indians game.  Hope they don't have any aftershocks!
    DICK