Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

CONCACAF Gold Cup

mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
edited June 18 in Paid to Play
=>Watch the Gold Cup and see how MLS is succeeding in building talent in all of the other CONCACAF nations.
dave67

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Absolutely not.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Who else is hyped for a nailbiting 2-1 win over Guyana tonight?
    redhawk11AORedHawk33
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    I believe that we might win I believe that we might win I believe that we might win
    Zardes
    Boyd-Pulisic-Arriola
    Bradley-McKennie
    Ream-Long-Zimmerman-Lima
    Steffen

Bradley as the captain.

God, what a depressing lineup.
    =>No Altidore.

26th min and have not had a shot on goal yet. Embarrassing
    =>NEVERMIND. We're awesome.
    =>Zardes couldn't score in a morgue full of dead hookers.
  • aba222aba222 Havighurstite
    4-0 against a team of primarily 4th (and 5th) league players. Should have been 40-0. I think Pulisic makes more than the entire team, coaches and staff included.

Agreed...a depressing lineup. Would have loved to see Holmes and Adams our there. Boyd and Lima looked good. I still don’t understand why Wil Trapp is in a USMNT uniform.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    How were the goal celebrations?
    bpat
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    edited June 19
    aba222 said:

4-0 against a team of primarily 4th (and 5th) league players. Should have been 40-0. I think Pulisic makes more than the entire team, coaches and staff included.

Agreed...a depressing lineup. Would have loved to see Holmes and Adams our there. Boyd and Lima looked good. I still don’t understand why Wil Trapp is in a USMNT uniform.

I know he's young, but what do you think goes through Pulisic's mind when he has to take direction from a guy like Bradley?   The kid is so much better than anyone on that field last night.
  • muohiobkmuohiobk Off-Campus Slummer
    edited June 20
    Paul Ariola was the best player for me last night for the USMNT. Boyd/ Pulisic looked good as well.

Besides that not much to write home about for the USMNT. 

I know Berhalter plays a different style and it takes a while to get used to, but the last couple of games have been a rough go. Still need to find a consistent finisher. For me I  don't think zardes should start ever. I would rather see him throw out bobby wood or even Soto from the U-20s over him. For all his speed he lacks the ability to come find the ball imo. He also has an awful first touch
    AORedHawk33mollautt
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Boyd looked good. Pulisic looked good. Tired of Bradley being so damn conservative. Just looks like the team doesn't care at all. Wish Weah wouldn't have played in U20 and was up for this, along with Sargent who didn't play as coach blocked him assuming he would be on this roster...
    AORedHawk33
    muohiobk said:

I know Berhalter plays a different style and it takes a while to get used to, but the last couple of games have been a rough go.

If only we'd had a gap of 20 months to acclimate the players to a new coach's system.
    muohiobkmollauttelpalito

aba222 said:

I know he's young, but what do you think goes through Pulisic's mind when he has to take direction from a guy like Bradley?   The kid is so much better than anyone on that field last night.
    I think he looked up to the 8-year-ago Bradley, so he probably doesn’t have too much of an issue. I do wonder that he thinks about Greggy though.
    AORedHawk33
    The U-20s have some really talented player that hopefully will be integrated into the senior team: Soto, Weah, Mendez, Gloster, Llanez, Ledezma, and Dest.
    That game was like when Michigan beat App State 52-14 in 2014.
    AORedHawk33
    Good things happen when Omar Gonzalez isn’t on the field

=>Good things happen when the team plays with some fire.

Look who's the captain
    AORedHawk33
    =>Our B team is 1 gold better than Panama's B Team. At least at home.
    I was planning on heading down to Philly for the quarterfinal match, but I have no interest in seeing us beat up on Caribbean powerhouse Curacao.

I was planning on heading down to Philly for the quarterfinal match, but I have no interest in seeing us beat up on Caribbean powerhouse Curacao.

I’d love to see a win. The last two I went to we have lost. That 6-0 thrashing against T&T would have been awesome!
    Spanks004 said:

I’d love to see a win. The last two I went to we have lost. That 6-0 thrashing against T&T would have been awesome!
    =>When you are the best, all lower matches naturally seem pedestrian.

Curacao is a nation of 160k. On those, I would guess 20k would be males of an age where could play for the national team. That would less people than Yager Stadium capacity. Relatively small pool.

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

Curacao is a nation of 160k. On those, I would guess 20k would be males of an age where could play for the national team. That would less people than Yager Stadium capacity. Relatively small pool.

Huh? Who is the best? If you are saying the US, that's not true. We have been shitty for years. I get what you are saying, but we've lost to many CONCACAF teams with tiny populations...seeing a win is fun, goals are fun...6-0 would have been a blast especially after these last few years
    Spanks004 said:

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

Huh? Who is the best? If you are saying the US, that's not true. We have been shitty for years. I get what you are saying, but we've lost to many CONCACAF teams with tiny populations...seeing a win is fun, goals are fun...6-0 would have been a blast especially after these last few years
    =>USA and Mexico are still 1A and 1B in the minds of everyone. Anything but a USA-Mexico final is always a surprise.

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

=>USA and Mexico are still 1A and 1B in the minds of everyone. Anything but a USA-Mexico final is always a surprise.

There hasn't been a US-Mexico final since the game in 2011 that got Bob Bradley fired.

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

mollautt said:

Spanks004 said:

There hasn't been a US-Mexico final since the game in 2011 that got Bob Bradley fired.
    => and it was a surprise each time it didn't happen. Note there has not been a final without either Mexico or United States oh, I think ever right?
    I hope no one else stayed up to watch this trash.

What an awful effort.
    Mowch

I hope no one else stayed up to watch this trash.

What an awful effort.

=>Dubya.

Mexico beat Haiti in extra time last night, crazy game. The US is up 2-0 with 25 mins left against Jamaica for a spot in the finals that take place Sunday night in chicago.