Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WBB HC Search

Comments

• NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited May 30
    Bluesman said:

Lindsay Puckett just added as Director of Video Operations. I believe there is still one assistant coach spot to fill. Welcome aboard Lindsay! 

Still another AC? Why? What is taking so long?
    AORedHawk33laxdaddy
  • Hawkfan1Hawkfan1 Summer Orientee
    What a lot of people don’t realize is that there are requirements of jobs being posted for specific time limits before actually announcing. I noticed one of the assistants at the press conference with Coach Hendrix but she wasn’t announced until much later. Also, if you follow HPU’s trail, Hendrix’s former Associate Head Coach from HPU got the Western Carolina job recently. I’m sure Hendrix planned to bring her along originally. Also, heard rumors of the kid transferring getting into some trouble. Regardless, we need to give Coach Hendrix a chance. It has been a rocky start but I’m sure there’s a lot we don’t know. Her staff has already offered several kids so they’re working. We just need to support.
    AORedHawk33Bash_RiprockJCook32
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Hawkfan1 said:

What a lot of people don’t realize is that there are requirements of jobs being posted for specific time limits before actually announcing. I noticed one of the assistants at the press conference with Coach Hendrix but she wasn’t announced until much later. Also, if you follow HPU’s trail, Hendrix’s former Associate Head Coach from HPU got the Western Carolina job recently. I’m sure Hendrix planned to bring her along originally. Also, heard rumors of the kid transferring getting into some trouble. Regardless, we need to give Coach Hendrix a chance. It has been a rocky start but I’m sure there’s a lot we don’t know. Her staff has already offered several kids so they’re working. We just need to support.

Facts are not a staple of message boards....rumor, speculation and WAGs are the currency....here and elsewhere.
    skin66dave67agc
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Hawkfan1 said:

Agreed, but it is a little strange to have some of the administrative positions filled before assistant coach positions.
    agcHawkfan1
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Hawkfan1 said:

You joined HawkTalk May 27 and have made 3 visits. That you, Coach?
    The_Sackman
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    I doubt she would post  "Also, heard rumors of the kid transferring getting into some trouble."
  • Hawkfan1Hawkfan1 Summer Orientee
    grumpy1 said:

Hawkfan1 said:

Touché but no, not named DeUnna. I’ve never felt the need to comment prior to all the negativity I’ve been reading since the hire. I do agree that it’s strange to finish administration on staff before all assistants and there’s so much that needs to be done to stay on path with Duffy’s recruiting success... BUT I am hoping for a successful career for Coach Hendrix. I think that’s what we all want whether we agree or like every move made or the timeline.
    RenmancoDevilGradgrumpy1The_Sackmanthechuck_2112
  • MazMaz Off-Campus Slummer
    Hawkfan1 said:

grumpy1 said:

Hawkfan1 said:

Touché but no, not named DeUnna. I’ve never felt the need to comment prior to all the negativity I’ve been reading since the hire. I do agree that it’s strange to finish administration on staff before all assistants and there’s so much that needs to be done to stay on path with Duffy’s recruiting success... BUT I am hoping for a successful career for Coach Hendrix. I think that’s what we all want whether we agree or like every move made or the timeline.
    *clutches pearls* 

Negativity? 

*swoons* 

On the Internet?! 

*faints*
    Aren't we still one coach short after almost 2 months post hiring of the HC?
    Renmanco said:

Aren't we still one coach short after almost 2 months post hiring of the HC?

You are correct unless the SID just hasn't made any official announcement.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Well put Alex!!
    You guys are a bunch of spoiled brats. What more do you guys really want?!?

Miami finished 1st in the MAC in esports and quidditch, and finished in the top 10 in synchronized marbles.

What more can you really ask for???
    agc
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum

Miami finished 1st in the MAC in esports and quidditch, and finished in the top 10 in synchronized marbles.

I don't think we had a Spike team.  Georgia v Texas A&M were featured on ESPN for the college championship last weekend.
  • agcagc Havighurstite

I thought and hoped the quidditch thing was a joke, but after a google search I saw that we actually won that. Definitely mixed feelings here ...
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited June 19

I’m sympathetic to the point that we aren’t having huge success in the marquee sports, but we did win the Reese and Jacoby Trophies this year, and that isn’t made-up shit like quidditch. Kind of insulting to our swimmers and field hockey players and volleyball players, etc.
    bpatJCook32
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer

I’m sympathetic to the point that we aren’t having huge success in the marquee sports, but we did win the Reese and Jacoby Trophies this year, and that isn’t made-up shit like quidditch. Kind of insulting to our swimmers and field hockey players and volleyball players, etc.
    More over, club competitions of any type have exactly zero impact on the athletic department so it's not even a relevant discussion point except to say "these Miami students are succeeding in something I think is silly and that makes me mad because these other Miami students aren't succeeding in something I don't think is silly".
    Iam4hawkselpalito
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    edited June 19

There isn’t a single person on this board that wouldn’t trade both the Reese’s and the Pieces trophies for one win vs UC in football in the last 14 years.

I think being asked to pretend that the Reese’s and the Pieces trophies matter, or that they are some replacement for the lack of success experienced in our revenue-generating sports, is a bigger insult than not feigning interest in the sports you mentioned.
    RenmancoAORedHawk33agc
    edited June 19

Chuck- Cmon man. We actually won quidditch and esports this year.

——
    Point is, that the athletic department uses their success in the minor sports as a crutch, to cover up their failures in football, MBB, WBB, and hockey.
    agcthechuck_2112MHT_Meme_Team
    Almost July and still no 3rd AC.
    Nickskin said:

So, we save a few salary dollars while losing recruits and eventually games due to lack of full roster.
    It’s called Miami Math.

• agcagc Havighurstite
    edited June 30
    Nickskin said:

Could this be related to internal academic affairs and/or budget cuts? I know that a new provost is starting soon (BTW, he called us Miami University of Ohio on Twitter), and a few positions are being closed due to budget issues. For example, the Oxford airport is now unmanned - the gentleman who worked there was recently dismissed because the job was closed (Miami argued budget issues when closing this position)

AORedHawk33
    agc said:

Nickskin said:

Could this be related to internal academic affairs and/or budget cuts? I know that a new provost is starting soon (BTW, he called us Miami University of Ohio on Twitter), and a few positions are being closed due to budget issues. For example, the Oxport airport is now unmanned - the gentleman who worked there was recently dismissed because the job was closed (Miami argued budget issues when closing this position)

Slip slidin’ away.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    I don't know anything about an additional WBB Assistant Coach (and frankly I don't think it matters much anymore) but my daughter has practiced with Miami's quidditch team. Nice kids to welcome a 14 year old.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    The third assistant has been announced: Sahar Nusseibeh, who was the associate head coach at Manhattan last season.  Was previously an assistant at Manhattan, Bowling Green, and Holy Cross, and a GA at Cincinnati.  She played for American.

AORedHawk33agcredhawk11DICKkillgas20
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Welcome aboard!...glad to see staff is now complete.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    From Manhattan to Oxford. A good decision. Now recruit somebody.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited July 10
    nm
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited July 2
    skin66 said:

My understanding is the coaches we had were/are out recruiting. I heard something about a guard from England. Glad the staff is complete and that the speculation was wrong that we didn't have the money for a 3rd AC. Interesting hire. 
  • Hawks05Hawks05 Dodds God
    edited July 2
    Bluesman said:

skin66 said:

My understanding is the coaches we had were/are out recruiting. I heard something about a guard from England. Glad the staff is complete and that the speculation was wrong that we didn't have the money for a 3rd AC. Interesting hire. 

June was a quiet period on the WBB recruiting calendar, so they weren't off campus recruiting.  Hopefully they had some unofficial visits though.

I thought the third assistant may have started a week or two ago and they were just waiting to announce because of an HR/hiring hold up.  Looks like she tweeted that yesterday was day one for her so she really did just start work.  She should have the month of July to get to know the team and get up to speed during access workouts.