Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Sorenson Fan Club

ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God
edited August 19 in Football
Got to meet him at the scrimmage. Great young man. I’m starting a fan club here for him. All are welcome!

Comments

• ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God
    Forgive my Scandinavian spelling of his name-actually Sorenson!
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum

Got to meet him at the scrimmage. Great young man. I’m starting a fan club here for him. All are welcome!

How much are the membership dues?
    cwRedhawksChrisW1980
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Will there be food at meetings?
    ChrisW1980
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Chris, this reminds me of my fan club for Adam Ciborowski many years ago.  Tell me what the dues are  and what are the benefits.  Do I get an autographed picture??  Or a chance to meet him after the game?  As Grumpy said, what about meetings?

By the way, last year during the games Chris kept calling Jack "Bambi".  Who else on here is old enough to remember Lance Alworth?
    grumpy1ChrisW1980
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited August 17

My recollection, from when I lived in Minnesota, is that -sen is Danish, -son is Norwegian. -sson is Swedish.
    ChrisW1980DICK
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum

How much are the membership dues?
    Same as for “Texans for Raudabaugh.”

Bash_RiprockChrisW1980
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

My recollection, from when I lived in Minnesota, is that -sen is Danish, -son is Norwegian. -sson is Swedish.
    -sen is Danish or Norwegian. -son is Swedish or English. -sson is Swedish or Icelandic. -sohn is German. All of the countries except for Iceland have moved to inherited last names. Iceland is the only one that still uses the patronymic naming system where your last name is literally (your father's name)sson or (your father's name)sdottir.
    Bash_RiprockChrisW1980
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Sorenson's story is great. He came in with a class full of receivers. Stori Emerson, DeAndre Huff, KJ Hancock, and Tyler Fleetwood. Sorenson was the lowest rated because he had to play quarterback his senior season. He's really picked up. He's fast, runs great routes, and doesn't drop much. I thought losing Murphy would be a huge blow, but Sorenson might be just as good with better size.
    QuinoaburgerAORedHawk33ChrisW1980Love_and_HonorDICK
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    There was another receiver who played QB senior year... name of Ben...so, could Sorenson be backup #4?
    ChrisW1980
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Dodds God
    He actually played QB his first year at Miami and then moved over to receiver. I say play, he never saw action, I think it was more of they needed an extra body at the position.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Redskin89 said:

He actually played QB his first year at Miami and then moved over to receiver. I say play, he never saw action, I think it was more of they needed an extra body at the position.

Sure you aren't thinking about Dom? Sorenson was a WR from the start and even Chuck made jokes about him not being a true QB on signing day.
    redhawk11
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

Redskin89 said:

Sure you aren't thinking about Dom? Sorenson was a WR from the start and even Chuck made jokes about him not being a true QB on signing day.
    I am pretty sure Sorenson was the backup qb when Miami played at Akron three years ago. Noah (sp?) had to start and i think Sorenson (who was redshirting) was the backup that day.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

Redskin89 said:

I'm pretty sure he's thinking about the 2016 season when we got down to one healthy scholarship QB at one point and Sorenson was the emergency QB on the depth chart even though he was still listed as a WR on the roster. He was also part of the greatest signal calling duo in college football history that season, so he's a real jack of all trades.
    DICKJiveHawk
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum

JiveHawk said:

Redskin89 said:

I'm pretty sure he's thinking about the 2016 season when we got down to one healthy scholarship QB at one point and Sorenson was the emergency QB on the depth chart even though he was still listed as a WR on the roster. He was also part of the greatest signal calling duo in college football history that season, so he's a real jack of all trades.
    We went 6-1 and set an NCAA record while he was backup. Coincidence? I think not.