Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

ONTO THE GAME THAT MATTERS

yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
edited September 2019 in Football
Congrats, Chuck. You have a winning record vs the FCS for the first time in your Miami career.

NOW BEAT UC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR MIAMI CAREER!!!!!
thechuck_2112redhawk11CMHskinsBash_RiprockmuhawkAORedHawk33Love_and_HonorCAredhawk13Scalpergentbaseball12and 8 others.

Comments

• El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Amen!
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Let's finally do this!
  • Beat UC
    MacCrackenmuredhawks22
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    We need to beat UC!!
  • I'm glad we extended the series, but the PBS games really screw up the schedule. Next year will be great having UC and OU plus Army coming to Yager, but then you have seasons like this with no rivalry games and that sucks. Especially since our 2017 crowd really got into the game.
    naptownHawk
  • CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS!
    redhawk11Miami_Oh_Yeahmuredhawks22

I'm glad we extended the series, but the PBS games really screw up the schedule. Next year will be great having UC and OU plus Army coming to Yager, but then you have seasons like this with no rivalry games and that sucks. Especially since our 2017 crowd really got into the game.

Good point

• CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    DevilGrad said:

THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS!

For this week. Ohio University must be destroyed.
    But there isn’t even a trophy for that game
    Bash_Riprockthechuck_2112MHT_Meme_Team
  • Bring home the Bell
    JHVMUFBAlumgentbaseball12Miami_Oh_YeahDICKmuredhawks22
    I feel like we're due
    Miami_Oh_Yeah
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    If anything, having our guys dominate TT and UC get destroyed by OSU can only help confidence levels here. UC limping in and our guys on a high
    agc
    I wonder if Chuck is finally up to the challenge.
  • CMHskinsCMHskins Havighurstite
    Message to Chuck:
    Time to bring the bell home. No other outcome is acceptable
    naptownHawkScalperJHVMUFBAlummuredhawks22
  • Our time is now
  • Bring home the Bell

Combo #6, two chalupas and a taco!
    redhawk11Re6H5wkAORedHawk33QuinoaburgerLove_and_Honoragckillgas20
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2019
    The Bearcat is a wounded animal forced to defend its life from within its own cave. This is not a game for overconfidence based on Iowa and TT. Take caution, prepare well and take care of business at Nippert. Love and Honor!
    CMHskins
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    redhawk11 said:

redhawk11 said:

I agree the Chuck Martin is growing as a head coach of a division 1 program.

thechuck_2112skins
    This year is our year!
  • levellevel Summer Orientee
    redhawk11 said:

Play to win!
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Hope we can produce some ground game with the new addition to the RB rotation.

Dom Robinson needs to continue his play from TT...really nice game for him.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    skins said:

Hope we can produce some ground game with the new addition to the RB rotation.

Dom Robinson needs to continue his play from TT...really nice game for him.
    I was worried after he was basically absent against Iowa and dropped that touchdown on the first drive, but he really turned it on after.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    When UC was in the Big East and we were falling apart as a program, these games were very one sided.  HOWEVER, since UC has returned to the G5 and Miami has returned to a respectable program, the last 6 games have been decided in the 4th quarter.  We were withing one score in the 4th quarter in all 6 games.  In 2015, 2016, and 2017 we were ahead in  the 4th quarter.  The last two times we played in Oxford, we were ahead very late in the 4th quarter.

Having some fan support at the game would certainly help, as Nippert can be a big home field advantage.  This game will likely once again be decided in the 4th quarter.
    Nescacdad
    DICK said:

When UC was in the Big East and we were falling apart as a program, these games were very one sided.  HOWEVER, since UC has returned to the G5 and Miami has returned to a respectable program, the last 6 games have been decided in the 4th quarter.  We were withing one score in the 4th quarter in all 6 games.  In 2015, 2016, and 2017 we were ahead in  the 4th quarter.  The last two times we played in Oxford, we were ahead very late in the 4th quarter.

Having some fan support at the game would certainly help, as Nippert can be a big home field advantage.  This game will likely once again be decided in the 4th quarter.
    I will be there...with you...whether you knew this previously or not.

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

DICK said:

I will be there...with you...whether you knew this previously or not.

Excellent news.  I will send you an email.  My seat is sec 108  row 9  seat 4.
  • bearcatmarkbearcatmark Summer Orientee
    I'm impressed you all still acknowledge this game's existence.  Wish Ghruels was around to liven it up around here, but it's cute that you guys think this game still matters and you have a shot in it.  
    MHT_Meme_TeamDICKprofholt82FraggleHawk
  • I'm impressed you all still acknowledge this game's existence.  Wish Ghruels was around to liven it up around here, but it's cute that you guys think this game still matters and you have a shot in it.  

Hi there!

Brown rice please, hold the beans. Mild sauce, guac, lettuce, and cheese. I also have this Chipotle coupon for a free burrito. You guys will honor this right?

Thanks! Oh, and a medium drink please.
    yanksalexQuinoaburgerMHT_Meme_TeamMooreHawkHawksGrad18The_SackmanBash_RiprockLove_and_HonorChiefPanic
  • I'm impressed you all still acknowledge this game's existence.  Wish Ghruels was around to liven it up around here, but it's cute that you guys think this game still matters and you have a shot in it.  

Nice statement game last week, mid-major!
    Bash_RiprockMHT_Meme_TeamAORedHawk33
    UC is 3-1 the last two years against Power 5 teams.  Yea...they were destroyed by a loaded OSU team.  

What's Miami's record against non-MAC FBS teams under Martin?
  • UC is 3-1 the last two years against Power 5 teams. 

Does UCLA really count? Nah.
    Miami against Non-MAC FBS teams under Martin
    2014:  0-4
    2015:  0-3
    2016:  0-3 (And lost to FCS Eastern Illinois)
    2017:  0-3
    2018:  0-4
    2019:  0-1

Overall:  0-18

MHT_Meme_TeamRedskin89