Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Steelers vs. Bengals

What was the line on this game?

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    This game is awful. Not "JJ Watt running the Wildcat" awful, but still bad.  I blame Simms.
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    Fun Fact. Through 6 quarters of Wild Card football, the home team has yet to score A POINT.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Think it will open up in second half as rain appears to be slowing down.

Meanwhile, PENS WIN. Tied for that last playoff spot.
    dudis41 said:

Think it will open up in second half as rain appears to be slowing down.

Meanwhile, PENS WIN. Tied for that last playoff spot.

Meh....not surprising they went downhill hill after Byslma was fired. You can't win when your stars disappear in the playoffs....I'll take the rain and the current situation...no need to let A.J get the ball down field...
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    MUHawk84 said:

What was the line on this game?

I believe it was Pittsburgh -2.

• JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Wow that catch was amazing. Whether is stands or not. Wow.
    profholt82Re6H5wk
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    That's a fumble. Shazier should get the turnover.
    Jesus....these two teams just cannot get through a game without drama......
    JohnnyMac said:

That's a fumble. Shazier should get the turnover.

Yes it is.
    Should have been a Steeler touchdown.
    Always surprised that those tackles injure shoulders given those big should pads....
    Good God.
  • hoosierhawkhoosierhawk Senior Barfly
    The bungliest bungle of all time
    We Dey .....
    Re6H5wkgrumpy1
    Never a doubt!
    grumpy1
    I can't talk.
    Burfict and Jones crying: priceless.
    skin66
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Bengals gonna Bengal
    grumpy1
  • aba222aba222 Off-Campus Slummer
    Great win!!!  Even better watching the Bung-holes self destruct.  Bengals are a joke.
    grumpy1
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    32 teams passed on Burfict for seven rounds. Now you know why.
    Nescacdad
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

Burfict and Jones crying: priceless.

When you load up your roster with bad dudes, this is not a surprise. An embarrassment.
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    Wow! wildest fourth quarter in many moons.  At first, I thought Burfict broke Antonio Brown's neck on that hit; if he isn't suspended for multiple games, the NFL will have no credibility.  From now on, every Bengal player TV intro should be "insert name here, THE U."
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    I will repeat what I posted on Twitter/FB. Players/Coaches I would fine: Burfict, Jones, Munchak, Porter. Players I might fine: Shazier and Nelson. Players I would suspend: Burfict, Jones. 
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    Does everyone think the Shazier hit on Bernard should've deserved a flag? Shazier is 6'2", Bernard is 5'9" (tops). How else is Shazier supposed to tackle him? The hit was unfortunate, but he actually wrapped him up. If anything the refs screwed up in that they blew the whistle, not allowing the Pittsburgh TD to be part of the review.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    edited January 2016
    As a Washington Husky, I had more than my fill of him when he was at Arizona State.
    grumpy1 said:

32 teams passed on Burfict for seven rounds. Now you know why.

• TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    edited January 2016
    mz343 said:

Does everyone think the Shazier hit on Bernard should've deserved a flag? Shazier is 6'2", Bernard is 5'9" (tops). How else is Shazier supposed to tackle him? The hit was unfortunate, but he actually wrapped him up. If anything the refs screwed up in that they blew the whistle, not allowing the Pittsburgh TD to be part of the review.

Led with the crown of his helmet. Made helmet to helmet contact. I thought it deserved a flag.
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

I will repeat what I posted on Twitter/FB. Players/Coaches I would fine: Burfict, Jones, Munchak, Porter. Players I might fine: Shazier and Nelson. Players I would suspend: Burfict, Jones. 

Why suspend Jones? His penalty was stupid, but not dirty.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    edited January 2016
    TruckCrew said:

Bluesman said:

Why suspend Jones? His penalty was stupid, but not dirty.
    He hit an official in the back of the head while trying to punch a coach. And helmet to helmet contact on a runner like that isn't a penalty, nor did he lead with the helmet. He wrapped up and didn't launch himself. Geo's cutback and subsequent "squat" when he lowered himself to cut (after Shazier was already lining up the tackle as if Geo was continuing the same direction) ended up putting his head in the line of fire instead of Shazier's head being outside of his ribs like it was about to be. That cutback after Shazier was already going for the tackle makes the contact insidental and the rule book says, "Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul."

Then again, Shazier put himself in a terrible position by tackling with poor form and not looking up while hitting, so I wouldn't be sad to see a spearing call made. Honestly, I think it was a case where the official was out of position. They didn't see the ball loose and since his helmet was near the ball during the play, I would assume he didn't see him with his head down. Also, it's a lot more obvious in slow motion. At full speed I thought it was almost a stand up tackle.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    TruckCrew said:

mz343 said:

Led with the crown of his helmet. Made helmet to helmet contact. I thought it deserved a flag.
    I would not have complained if a flag had been thrown.  I understand why a flag wasn't per the NFL rules.  But it is a play that happens often and is definitely flagged inconsistently.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Pacman Jones should be in jail. Guy is the worst
    redhawk11