Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

300,000-Not Well Spent!!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited September 2016 in Football
Just a reminder we just paid EIU 300K to beat us at home. I don't know about anyone else but to me that was a poor investment!!

Comments

• hoosierhawkhoosierhawk Senior Barfly
    That's almost two Cooper contract buyouts!
    thechuck_2112Re6H5wkyanksalexgentbaseball12QuinoaburgerAORedHawk33mollautt
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum

That's almost two Cooper contract buyouts!

Can we make EIU take him as well?
    dave67
  • I believe Northwestern paid Illinois State over a million, so at least we aren't today's worst investment.
  • Wish we paid to get that team from Mississippi that EMU scored like 60-something on.
    yanksalex
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Oklahoma State probably paid Central a million, too, but apparently Boone Pickens cheaped out on buying an officiating crew.
    DSnyder15dave67MacCrackenrichiebkillgas20
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    Blues, I have decided the only way to maintain our sanity is to be like almost all of our students and alums and forget about caring how we do in football and basketball.  It would vastly simplify my life, how about you?  
    dave67
  • Well, that's $300,000 from the men's basketball budget
  • DevilGrad said:

Oklahoma State probably paid Central a million, too, but apparently Boone Pickens cheaped out on buying an officiating crew.

They got screwed like B2 used to do to other programs, though. They were supposed to have a home and home with Ole Miss, who cancelled this summer to play FSU instead. CMU was able to insist on MAC officials as a result of Okie Lite's desperation, and those refs made all the difference in the world.

DSnyder15
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum

DevilGrad said:

They got screwed like B2 used to do to other programs, though. They were supposed to have a home and home with Ole Miss, who cancelled this summer to play FSU instead. CMU was able to insist on MAC officials as a result of Okie Lite's desperation, and those refs made all the difference in the world.

MAC officials suck. We all know that. Now OSU knows.

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Oklahoma state played at cmu last year. I dont think it was a money game
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    edited September 2016
    Oklahoma state played at cmu last year. I dont think it was a money game

It's a 2 for 1.  CMU goes to Stillwater again in 2018.

• 2xHawk2xHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    It was a Big 12 replay crew.  They also screwed up.
    dave67
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

Blues, I have decided the only way to maintain our sanity is to be like almost all of our students and alums and forget about caring how we do in football and basketball.  It would vastly simplify my life, how about you?  

It would definitely lower my Ramipril bill!!
  • Id be sick to my stomach if I was David Sayler today. All the scrutiny that the athletic department is under and we pay $300k to get our ass handed to us.

What a disappointment. I asked some people this last night, but why do we continue to put ourselves through this shit?
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    The $25 I spent on my ticket yesterday was very poorly spent.
    The_Sackman
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2016
    If your program is not where on paper you think it's a guarantee win...they should not be scheduled...

TOLEDO 45 Maine 3....Maine was receiving more votes than EIU in FCS...that's how bad the bad news bears still are..1-2 versus FCS, barely beat Presbyterian...now this...I thought we were improved?

Incredible!
    AORedHawk33
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

The $25 I spent on my ticket yesterday was very poorly spent.

So, I gather you did not take advantage of the beer.  That was worth the price of admission!  :q
    gentbaseball12
  • Checking this thread again, who the hell did the baseball team bring in that cost $300,000? It is in the Baseball area of this site.
    redhawk11