Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Columbus Blue Jackets 2015-16 Thread

Comments

• elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    You like HCTR?   I'm neutral about him.  I can't tell if he's the type to develop young talent well. 
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    I do.  Then again, I still have nightmares about the Arniel Era.
    I see we're well into the traditional CBJ slow-start.  The HCTR special. 
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Ah, yes, Columbus Day.  The day on the calendar when Columbus is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs EVERY YEAR.
    lol

See Sackman, you've brought out the troll in all the Detroit fans now. 
    I just don't get.  The last three seasons were proof that you can not start playing in November yet here we are again.  Dipshit Red Wings fans aside, what the hell are we supposed to come back with?  Needing a players only meeting two games into the season is not a good start.  Our captain taking three penalties today is also not good.

Ottawa and Toronto both at home coming up...normally I would say that those should be easy wins but not with what I saw today.
    It'll certainly put the spotlight on HCTR.  There aren't that many new pieces that he should still be pulling the team together. 

The record is bad, but so is the play..and that's worse.
  • We don't have a Red Wings thread that I can tell, so I'll just put this here because everyone enjoys making fun of Babcock.

Yes you do it's just that no one participates in it except for Johnny.
    Chuck wouldn't participate in that one either, though.  He's a Kings fan, I think.
  • Indeed. Looking forward to sporting my Martinez jersey this season.

For some reason, it had to be custom ordered, because heaven forbid the Kings make a jersey for a veteran who won the Stanley Cup for them.

Yes you do it's just that no one participates in it except for Johnny.

Just look in the "Winners" forum, Chuck.
    Man, we need to get a W tonight.  There is already way too much panic around this entire organization.  Hell, I actually turned down a free ticket (mostly due to the people I would be sitting with are more into religion than "drinking a beer per period" like a true champion).
    they shouldn't let people like that into sporting venues.  totally miss the point of sports. 

A W would be nice.  Jarmo is certainly speaking in strong terms, which is interesting.   Though he blames the players, not the coach.  I did not see the Buffalo game, so I can't speak to effort or ability.  Hopefully they show more tonight.  If I didn't just buy a house, I'd splurge on the NHL package to watch the CBJ. 
    Touchdown, Senators!
    Hm.  What the heck is wrong with Bob?
    And are you going to troll all year?  We ignore the Detroit thread every season. 
    elpalito said:

And are you going to troll all year?  We ignore the Detroit thread every season. 

Your answer is yes.  Read the first post in this thread.  And, no, you folks don't ignore the Wings thread.
    Well, I do.  lol
    It is frustrating to not be able to watch all NHL games.  Any of you get the NHL packages that are out there?  Are they worth it?
    The most talented team by far that we've ever had is now off to the worst start in franchise history.  Think about that.  The WORST START in THIS TEAM'S HISTORY.

I'm about ready to drive this team out into the desert and leave them for dead.

Always good to hear after four games from the goalie himself that he has zero confidence.
    May be some difficulty in winning games if the team will be giving up 5+ goals a game.
    Toronto wins The Biggest Loser.

Good luck in Chicago tomorrow!
    WellsGoddess944302
    I hope that these players know what they're doing because it's starting to seem likely that Tortarella meets them at NWA on Monday.
    Torts as a 1 year stopgap?  lol 
    I expect Richards to be fired tomorrow.  It's not his fault but he's going to be the fall guy.  Cris Carter approves.
    I don't think it isn't his fault though. 
    elpalito said:

I don't think it isn't his fault though. 

You shouldn't have to tell professionals to be professionals.
    And you should be able to make some kind of adjustments when your system isn't working. 

Neither is happening.  RyJo is coasting on defense.  HCTR is still trying the same things. 

Both are to blame, only one is easily changed. 
    It's easy to blame the coach.  On this team, it's way easier to blame everyone on the team.