Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Weathers Offers

Comments

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    This rubs me the wrong way. How can he say those things about Miami's program in the Arkansas interview and then follow the man who was DIRECTLY responsible for Miami's program for 5 years to Oklahoma State? It just makes no sense to me.
    Nickskindave67skin66AORedHawk33QuinoaburgerLove_and_Honor
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

This rubs me the wrong way. How can he say those things about Miami's program in the Arkansas interview and then follow the man who was DIRECTLY responsible for Miami's program for 5 years to Oklahoma State? It just makes no sense to me.

He's young and immature. Cooper, while not a good coach, is familiar for him. Plus, he's no longer the HC.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    So he will play at the Phog, just as a visitor.
    Re6H5wk
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum

Miami (Ohio) transfer Marcus Weathers tells me he's currently visiting Colorado State. Will visit Duquesne on 4/22, Charleston on 4/27.

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    fcsofen said:

Apparently Mom didn't have as much influence on his decision to split up with Marcus this time around.

I think mom realized that her son is an actual NBA talent and needs to do what's best for him at this time
    thechuck_2112
  • D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly

Miami (Ohio) transfer Marcus Weathers tells me he's currently visiting Colorado State. Will visit Duquesne on 4/22, Charleston on 4/27.

So much for being closer to home - all 3 of these schools are further away from his home than Oxford.
    Even Colorado State in Ft. Collins is further than Oxford.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Where is Eddie, weighing in on this whole mom thing?
    redhawk11killgas20
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    D_Day said:

So much for being closer to home - all 3 of these schools are further away from his home than Oxford.
    True, but it's actually easier to get there with how many flights go from KC to Denver, with just 60 miles from Ft. Collins afterwards. Going from KC to Oxford almost certainly requires a connection, layover, and hour long drive from Dayton or CVG.
    Quinoaburger
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum

Where is Eddie, weighing in on this whole mom thing?

I have been trying, but Mrs. Weathers told me she'll talk about anything but basketball.
  • ChiefPanicChiefPanic Off-Campus Slummer
    Plus we're in the running for Elon Musk's hyperloop to run from DIA to Greeley.

I'm sure that will be ready to go during Marcus' tenure in Fort Collins.

(Add sarcasm font - and while I'm pointing out the forum shortcomings, wow it's tough to quote an already quoted message from a phone)

(Add sarcasm font - and while I'm pointing out the forum shortcomings, wow it's tough to quote an already quoted message from a phone)

Do you have an iPhone?

redhawk11 said:

Do you have an iPhone?

Yup. If the quote gets too long - which happens quickly if there's a tweet embedded - I can't get down to the bottom to actually start typing my hilarious response. Have to "select all" and delete.
    redhawk11
  • TAW92TAW92 Dodds God

D_Day said:

True, but it's actually easier to get there with how many flights go from KC to Denver, with just 60 miles from Ft. Collins afterwards. Going from KC to Oxford almost certainly requires a connection, layover, and hour long drive from Dayton or CVG.
    Took that flight just about every week for 2 years - direct from CVG to KC - easy and short flight. They run that direct round trip twice a day. Now, getting from Oxford to CVG, I won't argue that is not exactly a quick drive.

That's crazy.
    Are you guys on the "mobile site"
    The "full site" is bad on my phone but I've never had a problem on the mobile site.
    We need to have a MHT Convention so we can compare these things and get them fixed.
    redhawk11 said:

That's crazy.
    Are you guys on the "mobile site"
    The "full site" is bad on my phone but I've never had a problem on the mobile site.
    We need to have a MHT Convention so we can compare these things and get them fixed.

I've not been in a "test" this long since my Advanced Educational Psychology final in grad school.
    redhawk11ChiefPanic
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Marcus Weathers reportedly visiting Colorado State this weekend. I suppose it is a marginal step up from Miami, but to me, he should have stayed. But now replaced by Adaway so we are moving on and moving up!
    edited April 2017
    Bluesman said:

Marcus Weathers reportedly visiting Colorado State this weekend. I suppose it is a marginal step up from Miami, but to me, he should have stayed. But now replaced by Adaway so we are moving on and moving up!

I'm a Miami homer that lives in Fort Collins. To say a team that made it to the MWC championship and the 2nd round of the NIT with a well established coach is just a "marginal" step up is silly. You're clearly wearing those Miami red shaded glasses.

The program is where Miami hopefully can be in 4-5 years. And the town and school aren't too bad either.
    redhawk11Bash_Riprockskin66AORedHawk33
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    I am confident we will weather this crisis.
    killgas20redbear18
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Bluesman said:

I'm a Miami homer that lives in Fort Collins. To say a team that made it to the MWC championship and the 2nd round of the NIT with a well established coach is just a "marginal" step up is silly. You're clearly wearing those Miami red shaded glasses.

The program is where Miami hopefully can be in 4-5 years. And the town and school aren't too bad either.
    Colorado State is a far better program currently, but their basketball history does not compare to Miami's 22 MAC championships, 17 NCAA tournaments, or 4 NCAA regional appearances.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Roman Army, quaking in our boots, etc.
    Kids don't care much about history but rather who can get them more tv time or wins.
    Spanks004
  • fcsofenfcsofen Senior Barfly
    I sure hope it doesn't take 4-5 years to be a second round NIT team.
    MoHawkRe6H5wk
    fcsofen said:

fcsofen said:

Realistically it won't be less than 3.
    ^ stupid test forum and quoting with my iPhone
    MUHawk84
    fcsofen said:

A second round NIT team is okay. That would mean we have won a regular season MAC championship. In reality, a regular season championship is a better indicator of where your program is as compared to a tournament championship. Anyone can get lucky in a tourney. A regular season championship shows who is the best over a longer span.

AORedHawk33DICK
  • fcsofenfcsofen Senior Barfly
    fcsofen said:

redhawk11 said:

fcsofen said:

A second round NIT team is okay. That would mean we have won a regular season MAC championship. In reality, a regular season championship is a better indicator of where your program is as compared to a tournament championship. Anyone can get lucky in a tourney. A regular season championship shows who is the best over a longer span.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. My concern is more with the amount of time. Three years--OK. Four--depends. To wait five years to be an NIT team does not exactly get me jumping for joy.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    From where we've came from, and what we are working with, I'd be thrilled with an NIT team in 4-5 years.

This isn't Miami basketball of the 90s. It's time to lower your expectations.
    Redsearedhawk11mrgredhawkChiefPanicmuohiobkDICK
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

fcsofen said:

John Groce's ears are burning.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33DICK

Kids don't care much about history but rather who can get them more tv time or wins.

History is just that, history. I care about it, but it doesn't change the mess we're currently in.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Why would anyone be disappointed with an NIT bid? I sure wouldn't. It means you are literally on the cusp of NCAA tournament and given the change of a game, would be in the tournament most likely. So NIT in 4 years, love it!! Means we are on track again and at or near the top of the MAC.
    Bash_RiprockDICK
This discussion has been closed.