Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Recap

Sorry Brad Bates, but I'm fairly certain that this was the biggest alumni gathering of all time. From the parking lots, to the houses, to the bars... there were Miami fans young and old in South Bend yesterday.

Thank you to Alex for throwing an incredible tailgate and for manning a grill that literally blew my head out of my ass (this morning.... or maybe that was the mixture of Coors Light, whiskey, Red Bull, and Modelo).

Thank you to Nick who generously gave his extra tickets to two Miami students who drove in from Oxford.

This weekend went by way too fast, per usual. Can't wait to see you all down the road. As Hoosier said in another post, it's times like these that remind us why we are Miami fans.
redhawk11yanksalexthechuck_2112naptownHawkNYCRedHawkkillgas20redhawksnredsScalperJohnnyMac

Comments

  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    It is always great seeing all my Miami friends at these events. We may be small, but we are a tight knit fan base thanks to this board. I loved meeting a few HawkTalkers I had never met before.
    naptownHawk
  • How many Miami fans attended the game?
  • The Miami contingent looked good on TV, there was a nice chunk of red in the stands. Could definitely hear a lot of us when we scored the first TD.
    naptownHawk
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    HUGE thank you, Alex! Fantastic burgers and beer. Best of all, I got to finally meet many of you in person. I look forward to seeing you all again. This great tailgate even offset the misery of the game (and that's saying something!)
    redhawk11AORedHawk33JohnnyMac
  • How many is a good contingent? 3000, 4000, 5000?
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    It was hard to say. There were a few Miami sections that i would say was only about 2,000 but throughout the stadium there were pockets of red
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Ticket office sold 4000.
    mpurdy22
  • KAMUOHIOKAMUOHIO Havighurstite
    dave67 said:

    Ticket office sold 4000.

    Hard to say since so many people I knew from Miami were wearing nd colors. Sad really

  • aba222aba222 Off-Campus Slummer
    KAMUOHIO said:

    dave67 said:

    Ticket office sold 4000.

    Hard to say since so many people I knew from Miami were wearing nd colors. Sad really

    Met a guy who was not wearing his Miami gear but wearing ND stuff. When asked why he was being a traitor, he said that the Redskins we're not playing, and he was not a RedHawk so he felt no disloyalty. Great, huh?!?
    NescacdadBash_Riprockdave67killgas20redhawksnredsskin66DICK
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    We flew up from NC to Detroit and drove over. Great experience. IMO ND did a great job of packaging their football weekend. Everyone from the pay lot ticket ladies to the bus drivers to the Green jacketed campus ambassadors were extremely welcoming and helpful. Would love to see Miami try to emulate ND's in campus game day experience and market it to Ohio. One observation from my lovely lady, a Carolina girl, is that Miami fans wear a lot of badly faded red clothing. Maybe we all need to give the bookstore some additional business!
    naptownHawkAORedHawk33redhawksnreds
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    aba222 said:

    KAMUOHIO said:

    dave67 said:

    Ticket office sold 4000.

    Hard to say since so many people I knew from Miami were wearing nd colors. Sad really

    Met a guy who was not wearing his Miami gear but wearing ND stuff. When asked why he was being a traitor, he said that the Redskins we're not playing, and he was not a RedHawk so he felt no disloyalty. Great, huh?!?
    The guy is a loser and the nickname change is simply a handy excuse for him being a loser.
    Nescacdadthechuck_2112dave67CAredhawk13redhawk11KoheenSpanks004Quinoaburger
  • aba222 said:

    KAMUOHIO said:

    dave67 said:

    Ticket office sold 4000.

    Hard to say since so many people I knew from Miami were wearing nd colors. Sad really

    Met a guy who was not wearing his Miami gear but wearing ND stuff. When asked why he was being a traitor, he said that the Redskins we're not playing, and he was not a RedHawk so he felt no disloyalty. Great, huh?!?
    The guy is a loser and the nickname change is simply a handy excuse for him being a loser.
    If Miami had played Notre Dame in 1973, that jackass would have rooted for Notre Dame.
    NescacdadCAredhawk13skin66DICKQuinoaburger
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2017
    Great weekend overall, except for about 98% of the game. To anyone who hasn't been to ND for a game, you should make it out there at some point. The campus is okay but it's overrated. It looks like every other generic Catholic university. When leaving the hotel Saturday morning, a few ND fans told me,"Oh, wait until you get on campus, it's beautiful." My immediate thought whenever I heard that was, "Yeah, you've never seen Miami."

    Also, I don't think I saw a single ND student wearing face paint or body paint. How in the hell is that possible? I realize I was in the minority when it came to spending way too much money on body paint for football games... but it seems crazy that no one at Notre Dame would do that for a football game.

    It was fantastic to see so many Miami people in and around the stadium. Granted, it wasn't  exactly Nebraska circa 2000 but we had a strong contingent. It was cool to see so much Miami red in the stands at South Bend. Also it was great to run into a few MHTers.

    Obviously it would have been nice had the game had been closer... or if we didn't trail after 2 plays. Gardner is a stud.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    muhawk said:

    Great weekend overall, except for about 98% of the game. To anyone who hasn't been to ND for a game, you should make it out there at some point. The campus is okay but it's overrated. It looks like every other generic Catholic university. When leaving the hotel Saturday morning, a few ND fans told me,"Oh, wait until you get on campus, it's beautiful." My immediate thought whenever I heard that was, "Yeah, you've never seen Miami."


    Also, I don't think I saw a single ND student wearing face paint or body paint. How in the hell is that possible? I realize I was in the minority when it came to spending way too much money on body paint for football games... but it seems crazy that no one at Notre Dame would do that for a football game.

    It was fantastic to see so many Miami people in and around the stadium. Granted, it wasn't  exactly Nebraska circa 2000 but we had a strong contingent. It was cool to see so much Miami red in the stands at South Bend. Also it was great to run into a few MHTers.

    Obviously it would have been nice had the game had been closer... or if we didn't trail after 2 plays. Gardner is a stud.
    My wife is 7.5 months pregnant and constantly miserable and even she had a great time.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I had at least 20 people tell me "Welcome to Notre Dame" and even had one of those green-jacketed ambassadors shake my hand and say "Thanks for coming" as I was walking out.

    Their campus looks a lot better when that 50 acre parking lot is filled with 50,000 tailgaters, and their stadium doesn't feel historic anymore with the new buildings built around it and the field turf, but all-in-all it is a nice setting.
  • BaorBaor Summer Orientee
    muhawk said:



    Also, I don't think I saw a single ND student wearing face paint or body paint. How in the hell is that possible? I realize I was in the minority when it came to spending way too much money on body paint for football games... but it seems crazy that no one at Notre Dame would do that for a football game.

    Judging a fan base on weather or not they put on body paint is one of the strangest takes I've ever seen
    muohiobkAORedHawk33Quinoaburger
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Image result
    CAredhawk13The_Sackman
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    Baor said:

    muhawk said:



    Also, I don't think I saw a single ND student wearing face paint or body paint. How in the hell is that possible? I realize I was in the minority when it came to spending way too much money on body paint for football games... but it seems crazy that no one at Notre Dame would do that for a football game.

    Judging a fan base on weather or not they put on body paint is one of the strangest takes I've ever seen
    Welcome to my world.
    redhawk11Bash_RiprockQuinoaburger
Sign In or Register to comment.