Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

FIRE CHUCK MARTIN!

Comments

• bpatbpat Senior Barfly

People talk about the delay of game penalty, the botched kick off return, and the pick 6 at the end, but there are additional examples of miscues and miscalls throughout the game. In particular, leaving the field at halftime with decent field position, time on the clock, and timeouts in your pocket. This is probably the best example that I know of that demonstrates Martin's lack of urgency, his emotional detachment from the game, and his unwillingness to take advantage of an opponent who is on his heels. I see this in every game. Instead of playing to win, Martin plays not to lose.

And the announcers were kind of like WTF, why not take a shot there.

• i am still irritated about that. But that is part of Chuck's "play not to lose" philosophy.
    Bash_Riprock
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Hand raised...nose held. Still in disbelief.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite

People talk about the delay of game penalty, the botched kick off return, and the pick 6 at the end, but there are additional examples of miscues and miscalls throughout the game. In particular, leaving the field at halftime with decent field position, time on the clock, and timeouts in your pocket. This is probably the best example that I know of that demonstrates Martin's lack of urgency, his emotional detachment from the game, and his unwillingness to take advantage of an opponent who is on his heels. I see this in every game. Instead of playing to win, Martin plays not to lose.

All our section in the stands said the same. We all were astounded. The beat goes on and on.

redhawksnredspapagrande
  • CMHskinsCMHskins Havighurstite
    mine too!
  • CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    Got a chance to watch the game this morning (big mistake, ruined my sunday morning, after watching the last drive ruined my night), I think he should be fired for what happened last night 100%, there is only one thing that can save him and that is winning the MAC (something I have zero confidence in him to do) at whatever point Miami becomes mathematically eliminated from MAC Championship contention you fire his ass
  • I nominate Jordan Martin.
    QuinoaburgerChiefPanic
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Bump
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    How about Ricky Martin?
    Dean Martin? Dead but boxed and ready to be exhumed.
    Billy Martin? Also could be dug up.
    Martini and Rossi? I'll drink to that.
    Martin Scorsese? Apparently alive...but may not want the job.
    Martin Short? He could audition.
    Martin Sheen? Still breathing...Dayton OH native.

We have options.
  • greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    If I am saylor I tell Martin to hire bcs coaches are he is gone
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    greggie76 said:

If I am saylor I tell Martin to hire bcs coaches are he is gone

The years go on, but things never change...

http://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/discussion/270/it-s-time-to-bring-bcs-coaches/p1
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    I feel terrible for our players. Our coaching staff has simply failed to manage in games to a degree I have never seen. I live near Cleveland, so I see some brutal Browns teams and coaches, but this unreal.

Not sure what to do now, I guess let time pass and hope it gets fixed one way or another?
    Miamitexx
  • El13 said:

I feel terrible for our players. Our coaching staff has simply failed to manage in games to a degree I have never seen. I live near Cleveland, so I see some brutal Browns teams and coaches, but this unreal.

Not sure what to do now, I guess let time pass and hope it gets fixed one way or another?

One more home game, like the past 2 games, and there's gonna be a new "Factory of Sadness"
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Bump
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Not so sure of firing, but pls do not extend beyond next year.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Not so sure of firing, but pls do not extend beyond next year.

Unless we go undefeated...
    Not holding my breath, Dave! If I do I may expire first!
    dave67
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Bump
    It's time to strongly consider it...
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Fire him and every loser on that staff tonight. Bunch of damn losers.
    grumpy1
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    We're 5-16 in games decided by one possession. We're 9-7 in games where we led at halftime. We're 0-9 in rivalry games. We're 1-19 against teams with winning records. We're 2-2 against FCS teams.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33MacCrackengentbaseball12CMHskinsskin66killgas20Bash_RiprockDICK
    Ouch. Just stating the facts tells the story, and it ain't pretty.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    1-19 against teams with winning records. Holy crap.
    He truly can not beat anyone that is considered legit.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    And can't beat those who aren't considered legit either!
    Professor_FateNescacdadBash_RiprockCAredhawk13
    edited October 2017
    True....I was being nice....I said we looked like Kent against Notre Dame on D...that's an insult to Kent....our defense is a joke...Bahl looks incredibly unprepared.
    If u can't beat hapless Kent State then u do not deserve to be Miami's HC.
    CMHskins
    edited October 2017
    Look at our 3rd down conversions...23%...

1st down ....chuck it deep, incomplete
    2nd down....predictable run 3 to 5 yards
    3rd down...predictable pass
  • KAMUOHIOKAMUOHIO Havighurstite
    Calling mike Haywood
  • greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    Yeah bring back Haywood