Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Spring Preview Up

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited March 2018 in Football

Probably not a coincidence Chuck's contract extension announced the day before this was released. Nice brief preview of what we have returning, which is a lot! No losing season this year! Meaning fan expectation is understandably high.  Time to deliver!

http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030818aaa.html

JiveHawkkillgas20

Comments

• Jrome99Jrome99 Summer Orientee
    A lot to be excited about!!!
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    The rebuild is complete!!!!
    The_Sackmankillgas20UptownWhilrlskin66
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Zero lettermen lost at QB? Bahl, Billy???
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    No Paul Moses, which is kind of a bummer because I was hoping he'd be a other body at DE.

That being said, glad to see there is very little roster turnover heading into the spring.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Curious whatever happened to Isaiah Hill, the RB from South Carolina whose high school team was on national TV a couple times. I know he had a shoulder injury.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Same team that went 5-7   .2018 has a tougher schedule. 
    A win vs. is Marshall  a must.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Certainly the same coach.
    That is the area in greatest need of improvement in skill.
    Seriously, I hope CM has diligently studied game film from last year and seen where better clock and personnel management might well have helped him to another couple of wins....like Marshall, UC, BG.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    You forgot Kent, where he prevent @ start of 2nd half..ugh.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    I think CM needs to be careful how he manages the QBs. Specifically the young guys, Williamson and AJ. We need to start grooming a successor to Gus. Bahl is gone, so as of right now that would come from Williamson or AJ. CM can't just make Alex Malzone the backup or we risk losing one or both of the young guys. Plus he is nothing more than a 1 year rental. We obviously thought enough of these 2 young guys to target them early in recruiting and offer them. I hope Williamson in particular is given every chance to win, if not the starting spot, the #2 spot. And if it is close between him and Alex, I would lean to Jackson. 
    I think Malzone actually has 2 years of eligibility left, but I agree that there should be an open competition for the backup spot. I'm guessing both Williamson and Malzone will see a ton of reps in the spring game. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.
    DSnyder15
  • Rolando86Rolando86 Dodds God
    I don't believe Malzone will be on campus until the summer. At least he is not on the spring roster.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Rolando86 said:

I don't believe Malzone will be on campus until the summer. At least he is not on the spring roster.

Considering he is graduating from Michigan after only 3 years he is likely finishing up his degree this semester and enrolling in the summer.
    DSnyder15
  • ChiefPanicChiefPanic Off-Campus Slummer
    19goSkins said:

Zero lettermen lost at QB? Bahl, Billy???

The report says one letterman lost.
  • andystefandystef Summer Orientee
    High expectations!!! Will CM finally win a D1 game outside the conference?
    CycloneAlMacCracken
    DB Tay Gowan announces he's leaving the program and will play juco next season.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum

He has goals to play at Bama...
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

He has goals to play at Bama...
    Good luck to him!!

How’s Jordan Martin doing on his quest to win the Heisman?
    aba222JiveHawk
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Don't want players who don't want to play at Miami. 

2018 is very important to the football program.

Hope Martin and his young men can get it done.
    profholt82dave67DICK
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

I wish him well in JUCO. I wish him well on his quest for Bama. He is gone. Miami isn't for everyone.  Martin has recruited the defensive backfield well. We will be fine. All that matters to me is Miami having a winning season on and off the field.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    "2017: Appeared in three games … recorded a tackle in win over Akron."

Good luck indeed.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Sounds like he might have had some issues in the classroom, if he ever went.