Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

NCAA Tournament

Comments

• 90skin90skin Senior Barfly
    TruckCrew said:

I ain’t mad about the first result in Nashville.

Folded like a team from a mid-major conference that couldn't handle the big stage.  Oh, that's right.  They are.
  • They're calling for Mick's head on the NCAABBS board.
    "FIRE MICK! FIRE MARVIN! FIRE DUSTY! "
  • KoheenKoheen Havighurstite
    Cronin is a disaster of a coach. He came unglued and every possession was pure chaos in the last 10 minutes. That was like the basketball version of Chuck Martin's greatest hits, except I enjoyed watching it.
    muhoopsjunkieAORedHawk33QuinoaburgermuhawkBash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Since I teach at UC, I figure I shouldn't publicly relish the Bearcats' collapse on social media, but I think MHT is safe, so BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    redhawk11Mowch90skin
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum

On the plus side, UMBC is going to lose by 35 in the next round.

I have no idea who they’re playing. I just know they’ll be destroyed like in their 44-point loss to (checks notes) ... Albany earlier this year.

I don't think they're ready to go on the cart quite yet.  They're good dogs.

(Also, as is obligatory, LOLCarolina.)  
    Would Chuck feel better or worse if UMBC wins again?
    Good dogs.  But their legs just gave out in the last ten minutes.  
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    DevilGrad said:

Good dogs.  But their legs just gave out in the last ten minutes.  

With how well they moved the ball creating all those open looks (including multiple looks from about 3 feet), they legitimately should have won that game. That starting 5 plays so well together.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

Arizona. Sparty. Roy. Sampson. Good to see the scum get what they deserve.

And yet Jim Boeheim persisted.
    QuinoaburgerThe_Sackman
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Would Chuck feel better or worse if UMBC wins again?

I’d have been okay either way. My wife has good friends with deep ties to UMBC, so I’m happy for them, at least.
    Re6H5wk
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    The curse of Cincinnati Sports knows no bounds. Wow.
    Re6H5wk
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    WVU looks like they will blow out Marshall.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    TruckCrew said:

I ain’t mad about the first result in Nashville.

Or the second one.
    Re6H5wk said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just to follow up on 65's point: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    Re6H5wk
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Cincinnati: the city of losers
    dave67moose

*Waits for Tod to bring up FC Cincinnati.*
    I kinda like XU except when we are playing them.
    Re6H5wk said:

You mean the team that got blown out in the first round of the USL playoffs last year?
    Re6H5wk said:

The Ultimate Losers
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    My friends and I got tickets for the games in Detroit at the new Little Caesars Arena.  Our seats were in the upper ( Way, way up there) deck close to midcourt.  Then about 3 months ago they sent us an email and said this is the first time they had handled an NCAA tourney in the new building and they had made a mistake, they needed our seats but would give us different seats instead, or we could get a refund.  We decided that in a new Arena probably all the seats were good so we took the new seats.  It turned out that they were in a corner section in the lower deck, This section started with two seats and every 4 rows they added a seat.  We were in row 8  and there were just 3 seats in that row.  Spectacular view, actually.  We estimated it was about 5o or 60 feet to the rim from our seats.

My friends also went to the First Four in Dayton, so they saw Syracuse win 3 times in 5 days.  Watching them play defense, it is just like Eastern Michigan, although I actually thing Eastern has better talent.  What Syracuse has is about 7 guys who are all 6-7 to 7'0 with tremendous wingspans and very skinny and quick and it is almost impossible to get a good shot against them, if you do you had better not pass it up because you won't get another chance. Boeheim has them playing very under controll and very unselfish, that is why they are better than Eastern.
    Yup.  I have mixed feelings about that match up on Friday.  MSU is even more ridiculously athletic than Syracuse, but the Orange play their system well and know Duke well enough from conference play not to be confused by what the Devils want to do on either end of the floor.  
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

My friends and I got tickets for the games in Detroit at the new Little Caesars Arena.  Our seats were in the upper ( Way, way up there) deck close to midcourt.  Then about 3 months ago they sent us an email and said this is the first time they had handled an NCAA tourney in the new building and they had made a mistake, they needed our seats but would give us different seats instead, or we could get a refund.  We decided that in a new Arena probably all the seats were good so we took the new seats.  It turned out that they were in a corner section in the lower deck, This section started with two seats and every 4 rows they added a seat.  We were in row 8  and there were just 3 seats in that row.  Spectacular view, actually.  We estimated it was about 5o or 60 feet to the rim from our seats.

You are lucky you didn't stay in the upper deck.  There is ZERO leg room up there, so bad that we are giving up our Red Wings season tickets after 15 years at Joe Louis and just this one year at LCA.  
    Professor_FateDICK
    Thoughts and prayers to DICK's friend that had to watch Syracuse three times in one week. 
    mrgredhawk
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    The NCAA on-line ticket buying experience for NCAA first round games gets worse every year.  It's bad enough that you have to make an instant decision on the seat your looking at before someone else gets it:  This year buying tickets online for Charlotte, we weren't even offered lower bowl seats unless we signed up for the NCAA premium experience--$600 each.  Yes, $600.
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    Two fun things Sunday:  1)  Watching Mick Cronin go nuts   2)  Seeing North Carolina get soundly beaten.
    dave67Bash_Riprockskin66DICK
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    DICK said:

My friends also went to the First Four in Dayton, so they saw Syracuse win 3 times in 5 days.  Watching them play defense, it is just like Eastern Michigan, although I actually thing Eastern has better talent.  What Syracuse has is about 7 guys who are all 6-7 to 7'0 with tremendous wingspans and very skinny and quick and it is almost impossible to get a good shot against them, if you do you had better not pass it up because you won't get another chance. Boeheim has them playing very under controll and very unselfish, that is why they are better than Eastern.

My dad and I were in the upper bowl and we stayed up there.  That was my first time in the arena and I came away impressed.  We ate in the market both days and enjoyed the food.  A tip for all those who go to an event there.  If you're comfortable, there's parking across the street in the Brush Park neighborhood instead of having to pay $40 to park in the garage.

2 other things that Syracuse does well in their zone is come up on the shooters as the shot clock runs down and defending foul line extended, the weakness of the 2-3 zone.  The guard and wing rotate seamlessly, not allowing you to get the ball into the high post easily.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Loyola moves onto Elite 8 with a 69-68 win over Nevada.

Michigan moves ahead after laying waste to Texas A&M.
    Fun watching Loyola advance and also enjoyed seeing the walk on from Michigan hit a 3 at the end of the game..his teammates went nuts!
    TruckCrew
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    Jermaine to the elite 8
    TruckCrewD_DayMU_JimBash_RiprockDICKRe6H5wk
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    This tournament is bonkers.