Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami -2.5 vs. Marshall

yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
Lines are out!
redhawk11

Comments

• greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    So we are under dogs
    TruckCrewthechuck_2112JiveHawkMooreHawkskin66mooseredbear18
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Only 3 points away from being the underdog!
    Re6H5wk
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Maybe he’s thinking that since it is predicted to be a close game we are actually the underdog.
    DICKredbear18Quinoaburger
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Over 47 feels like a lock considering that we're good for at least two special teams TDs allowed.
    grumpy1
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Most important 1st game in a real long time.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

Most important 1st game in a real long time.

Since last season probably!
    bpatBash_RiprockmollauttRe6H5wkQuinoaburgerGoMiami
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Once again we have a huge opportunity opening the season at home, in front of what will be a huge student turnout. I feel like in the past 10 years, we have never capitalized on the first game in front of students. If we win this game and look good, many will come back. If we lose, it's over.
    AORedHawk33a26dave
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    The Thundering Turds are going down!

Got my tickets and will be there. It'll be a "wild *& wonderful" thing and it will be real.

We've learned our lessons and it's now officially time to put that behind us. Time to quit crying and start supporting. Get to the games.

Love + Honor!

DICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    A blow out would certainly be welcome. (of the Herd of course).
  • Miami_Oh_YeahMiami_Oh_Yeah Havighurstite
    2017 Miami vs Marshall is being rerun on Stadium Sports Network right now.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Never put good money on a bad team.  Or especially, a bad coach.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Interesting to read some updates coming out of Marshall fall camp. The touted transfer QB from Wagner has missed almost all of camp with shoulder stiffness. A redshirt freshman has been running with the first team and Doc Holliday has said it could be a game time decision as to who starts.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    How well (or how poorly) we do against Marshall will be instrumental in establishing (or hurting) our confidence for at least the next month of the season. After blowing 5 close games last year, we need a strong start against our first opponent to shake any of the bad vibes which will naturally be lingering in the minds of most of the kids (it's a "here we go again" vs "let's start strong" tug of mental war).
    If we take care of business and win convincingly (by 10 or more), we should be in a good place psychologically heading into the rest of the season.....plus Marshall sucks almost as much as UC and OU.
    skin66
    The Marshall and UC games will go a long way in deciding how successful we are this season. People forget that.
    Quinoaburger
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

The Marshall and UC games will go a long way in deciding how successful we are this season. People forget that.

It's always crazy people forget 50% of our ooc schedule and first two games could make a big impact on the season.
    redhawk11Quinoaburger
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Marshall and UC games are huge! Outcomes will definitely set the tone for the entire season. Must win games if we are to have a successful season. (IMHO).
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

I don't think one person on this board forgets that. Repeatedly over and over people have said these two games define our season and if we go bowling.
  • TJDubsTJDubs Summer Orientee

Over 47 feels like a lock considering that we're good for at least two special teams TDs allowed.

Hopefully CM will learn his lesson from last year and put his starting DB's on the kick coverage team.  Last year there were none (at least for the first two kickoffs).
    JiveHawk
    Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

I don't think one person on this board forgets that. Repeatedly over and over people have said these two games define our season and if we go bowling.
    No no no. It hasn't been said enough. The Marshall and UC games will create the momentum (positive or negative) that will set the tone for the season.

AORedHawk33Quinoaburger
    redhawk11 said:

Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

No no no. It hasn't been said enough. The Marshall and UC games will create the momentum (positive or negative) that will set the tone for the season.

As a #FootballGuy, the most important game is the next one on the schedule.
    redhawk11DSnyder15HighStreetBlues
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    I think the Marshall and UC games are important.
    redhawk11skin66Quinoaburgerdave67
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Not only are they important, but they are also vital, crucial, and paramount to setting the tone for the season.
    Bash_Riprockdave67
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2018
    Marshall, OU and UC are my must wins this years! OU and UC are always must wins!! 
    The first two games will set the tone for the season. ;)
    Bash_Riprockdave67
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

The first one will set the tone for the second, which will set the tone for the third.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Look, this may have been said before, but I'm going to throw it out there; the opening 2 games will be consequential to our season.
    redhawk11
    JiveHawk said:

skin66 said:

The first one will set the tone for the second, which will set the tone for the third.
    You might be on to something here.
    Bash_Riprockdave67grumpy1
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    I'm an optimist. Team is as good as it's been in a long long long time and CM and staff have learned their lessons.

Going to start score predictions early...

Redhawks 36
    Thundering Turds 17

Redhawks 27
    USucks 13

Love + Honor!
    dave67

JiveHawk said:

skin66 said:

You might be on to something here.

I also sense a pattern.