Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami vs Marshall Game Thread

Might as well get this started....Game delayed until 5:30PM Kickoff

Comments

• Odds on an 8pm kickoff?
  • CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    Yay more pregaming! Also I have learned if you use an XBoxOne for your tv the ESPN app doesn’t have ESPN+ content (yes I am a subscriber) and if you use the espn app on phone or iPad then plug it into the hdmi the stream stops working...so fuck you mickey mouse
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Well crap. Sitting in Millett watching clouds go buy and lightning in the distance.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Last of rain supposed be be gone by 5:30-5:45.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Another Miami tradition: bad weather at an important home game.
    dave67
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    As I said in another thread earlier - risky decision to combine opener and homecoming at 3:30 in storm season. Oh well.
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum

Yay more pregaming! Also I have learned if you use an XBoxOne for your tv the ESPN app doesn’t have ESPN+ content (yes I am a subscriber) and if you use the espn app on phone or iPad then plug it into the hdmi the stream stops working...so fuck you mickey mouse

Did you try to backdoor it on your xbox by accessing it through the web browser?

Did you try to backdoor it on your xbox by accessing it through the web browser?
    No but I will now
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    Ditto, Profholt.  Every freakin' time!  You sign up, plug in, and then embark on a marathon troubleshooting episode, which usually ends in failure. It's not working on my iMac, either.  End of venting.
    CAredhawk13Nescacdad
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Rumor has it kickoff was pushed another 30 min.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    JiveHawk said:

Confirmed on Twitter
  • Ugh!!!
  • Yawn!..........if they keep pushing it back, I can eat dinner at home & make it mid 1st quarter
    6 eastern, 5 central now

6 eastern, 5 central now

JiveHawk said:

MooreHawk said:

JiveHawk said:

Confirmed on Twitter
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Are the lights working?
    Renmanco said:

Are the lights working?

They're on.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I am here. The rain delay is going to make it so there are more Marshall fans than Miami fans. I cant believe how many are in section 3
    dave67
    Redsea said:

I am here. The rain delay is going to make it so there are more Marshall fans than Miami fans. I cant believe how many are in section 3

That’s why we play the game on the field. When we play we play, who cares about attendance...Go Miami! Fuck Marshall
    90skinthechuck_2112dave67
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2018
    Redsea said:

It's amazing how quickly those fans can breed multiply increase. Yeah, let's go with increase.
    Re6H5wkCincykid3Love_and_Honor
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Just about gametime! Let’s go, guys!!
    Good. We're wearing red. The fact that we wore white at home the last time Marshall was in Oxford annoyed me. I hate those green uniforms.
    So... did we work on defense at all this summer?
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Sieve defense thus far for Miami...and TD Marshall.
    That was too 'effin easy....BOO.
    75_Redskins
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    Bad weather and weirdness always favors the visitor. I would expect Marshall’s first drive to be good this OC has run 4 different offenses in 4 years. There’s no good scout tape
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    False start on first play.
    And apparently we didn't work on offense this summer either.
    I am already beginning to have that bad feeling....hope I'm wrong.