Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami vs UC Game Thread

Comments

• yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Close enough to keep me sucked in. Inept enough to make the whole thing unbearable. 
    UptownWhilrlJHVMUFBAlumJohnnyMacdave67Love_and_Honorkillgas20Quinoaburger
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Well if Walker caught that pass game would be tied. 
    Up to the defense again. 
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly

Can’t even pin them deep

That was a hard punt with the wind.  Kramer did a good job getting it close, it landed only just inside the goal line.

We've missed some opportunities offensively.  We haven't had many, but Ragland missing Becker in the 1st quarter, 2 missed blocks by offensive linemen on screens that had potential, and that last drop by Walker.
  • UptownWhilrlUptownWhilrl Havighurstite
    edited September 2018
    Ragland is not impressing with his throws, receivers are reaching hard
    dave67
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    And the commentators thinking that may have been our only opportunity of the night...pathetic. Please Sayler, Crawford do something!!!!
    Announcers "Miami has stiffened hard"

xP
    Blackbird
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    We have multiple receivers about 6’3 plus. Why not mix it up a bit? Someone else has to be open with coverage on Gardner.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    yanksalex said:

Close enough to keep me sucked in. Inept enough to make the whole thing unbearable. 

Damn that sums it up perfectly.
    JHVMUFBAlum
    D looks solid now. Let’s get some O going!
    edited September 2018
    I would like to see Sorensen get involved this drive. And more Maurice Thomas. And are Robinson and Mayock still on this team? Because Chuck hasn't thrown to them yet. 
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly

We have multiple receivers about 6’3 plus. Why not mix it up a bit? Someone else has to be open with coverage on Gardner.

It doesn't matter if Ragland can't get them the ball.
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • My kid is crying because my wife refused to buy her a Doc McStuffins backpack while they were at Target.

My daughter has scored as many points as Miami today.
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Ragland’s arm is slightly better moving this direction, most likely due to the wind direction. Need to capitalize.
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Play call still sucks
  • You feel like if we don't score in the 3rd with the wind we won't score this entire game.
  • That was interference
    I can't emphasize enough how mediocre Ragland's arm strength is. OL gave him all day on that throw to Mayock. 
    dave67
    I saw ads for UC on ESPN 3, but I do not recall Miami ads during game. Did I miss them or did Miami drop the ball again?
    dave67
  • Bluesman said:

Well if Walker caught that pass game would be tied. 

Hard to catch a ball when Ragland throws it over the receiver's wrong shoulder.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum

I saw ads for UC on ESPN 3, but I do not recall Miami ads during game. Did I miss them or did Miami drop the ball again?

Miami adds on local channel Fox
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Offense is sputtering.
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • Ragland is not impressing with his throws, receivers are reaching hard

Ragland throws the best jump ball in college football.
  • In 2016 everyone on this board loved Gus Rangland. Instead of criticizing Gus, let’s put the blame where it belongs - Chuck Martin. Chuck is a turd that deserves to be fired.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    I think 3 quarters of embarrassing myself by wearing a Miami t-shirt at a work event where I would otherwise by wearing a suit is long enough.
    4th quarter. 4th quarter. 4th quarter. It's the 4th quarter and I have thrown the remote at the TV yet! 
    Well Ragland has the wind at his back in the 4th quarter. So that's a plus. Hope he can take advantage of it. Hope the defense can hold UC on this drive. I hope I don't lose hope! 
  • yanksalex said:

I think 3 quarters of embarrassing myself by wearing a Miami t-shirt at a work event where I would otherwise by wearing a suit is long enough.

As stated before - I don't know if you're a masochist or a glutton for punishment.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Why cant we ever return punts corrctly
  • yanksalex said:

This is the best typo possible