Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

NCAA Coaching Carousel 2018

Comments

• What about Gruden?
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

What about Gruden?

Not another Chuckie...........
  • greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    Plus Jon gruden has ten year contract
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

What about Gruden?

Jay is Coach of the Year IMO.
    grumpy1
  • greggie76 said:

Plus Jon gruden has ten year contract

The hockey player? I thought the NCAA limited them to 4 years plus a redshirt season.
  • Updating because I forgot about Maryland:

Kansas: David Beaty OUT 
    Louisville: Bobby Petrino OUT 
    Bowling Green: Mike Jinks OUT
    Maryland: DJ Durkin OUT
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    greggie76 said:

Remember last Miami alumni didn't win a game for two years

• "Firing Treadwell in the middle of the season is laughable and a nonstarter." -Bash Riprock
    • "John Cooper is the man for the job." -El13
    • "Armand Robinson is the next Hines Ward." -Bluesman
    • "The Cavaliers are idiots if they take Kyrie Irving with the #1 pick instead of Shelvin Mack." -Professor Fate
    • "Austin Boucher should be starting over Zac Dysert." -elpalito
    • "Croatia has 20 prospects just as good as Christian Pulisic." -trumpetdaddy
    • "A 33% two pointer is more efficient than a 28% three pointer." -skins
    • "Miami should look at hiring Dave Shula to be the OC." -El13
    • "A convincing win by Navy in the AAC championship game would justify moving them ahead of WMU." -AORedhawk33
    • "The 2016-2017 men's basketball team will win a minimum of 11 conference games this season." -El13
    • "Is the Louisville prostitution scandal really that big of a deal?" -Quinoaburger
    • "John Cooper literally stole money from Miami by not resigning after year 4." -NWORedhawk
    • "The Yankees are a bunch of bums who can't beat Tomlin and the worst catcher in the league." -DSnyder15
    • ""If the three-point line was taken away, as El laments...we should grandfather it in for BAM, because he's the 50th ranked three-point shooter in the MAC...and that makes good sense!" -Quinoaburger" -skins

And the newest addition to the collection:

• "John Harbaugh might do just as bad as Don Treadwell if he gets hired at Miami" -greggie76
    redhawk11thechuck_2112Love_and_HonorMooreHawkyanksalexAORedHawk33JDWJiveHawkThe_SackmanMHT_Meme_Teamand 1 other.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Amazing. Thank you.
    yanksalex
  • redbear18redbear18 Havighurstite
    Omg. Post of the year
    redhawk11yanksalexJiveHawk
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    “I’d still have taken Sheldon Mack.” -Professor_Fate in 2014
    Bash_Riprockredhawk11JiveHawkThe_SackmanAORedHawk33
  • No greater validation for my sober, measured, and often boring, posts over the last decade.
    redhawk11
  • redbear18 said:

YAAAAS QUIN!!!!!!!!! SLAY QUIN!!!!!!!

Thank you, you're too kind.
    redhawk11
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    So does Martin stay off this list?
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    How the hell have I not said anything stupid enough to make the list? Don't look through my history, but I'll take it.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    WMU let’s go of the D coordinator after last nights upset loss against ball state
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    @quinoaburger I have some nominations:

“NIU is a legit Big 10 candidate” @jivehawk

“I don’t think I’m going to post much today about the game” - @Bluesman (proceeds to post 87 times)
    The_Sackmanredhawk11JiveHawkQuinoaburgerthechuck_2112Bash_Riprock
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

“I don’t think I’m going to post much today about the game” - @Bluesman (proceeds to post 87 times)

Those are classics. I'm happy that I didn't make the big board. RE2PECT my takes.
    JiveHawk said:

How the hell have I not said anything stupid enough to make the list? Don't look through my history, but I'll take it.

That didn't age well
    AORedHawk33The_Sackman
  • @quinoaburger I have some nominations:

Those are classics. I'm happy that I didn't make the big board. RE2PECT my takes.
    Sackman has never had a bad take.
    The_Sackman
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum

greggie76 said:

• "Firing Treadwell in the middle of the season is laughable and a nonstarter." -Bash Riprock
    • "The Cavaliers are idiots if they take Kyrie Irving with the #1 pick instead of Shelvin Mack." -Professor Fate
    • "A convincing win by Navy in the AAC championship game would justify moving them ahead of WMU." -AORedhawk33
    • "The 2016-2017 men's basketball team will win a minimum of 11 conference games this season." -El13
    • "Is the Louisville prostitution scandal really that big of a deal?" -Quinoaburger
    • "John Cooper literally stole money from Miami by not resigning after year 4." -NWORedhawk
    • "The Yankees are a bunch of bums who can't beat Tomlin and the worst catcher in the league." -DSnyder15
    • ""If the three-point line was taken away, as El laments...we should grandfather it in for BAM, because he's the 50th ranked three-point shooter in the MAC...and that makes good sense!" -Quinoaburger" -skins

• "John Harbaugh might do just as bad as Don Treadwell if he gets hired at Miami" -greggie76
    Funny, but the first one..."fake news"....Jive assigned that 33% for that shot, which turned out to be false.

The second one is pure gold!
    :D
    skins said:

greggie76 said:

Funny, but the first one..."fake news"....Jive assigned that 33% for that shot, which turned out to be false.

The second one is pure gold!
    :D
    Actually, the numbers came from Dan D'Antoni. A contested layup is worth .78 points per attempt. On average they're made at 39%. That's the equivalent of shooting 26% from 3. Of course you're not going to understand how those numbers work out over the course of a game, but Buffalo sure did. Only 6 points in their win against WVU were 2s outside of the paint. Easy layups > threes > everything else. That's the order an offense should work to get shots.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dan-dantoni-why-3-pointers-are-best-shots-in-basketball-2016-12
    redhawk11
  • skins said:

greggie76 said:

I have receipts.

JiveHawk
  • Kansas: David Beaty OUT, Les Miles IN 

• Kansas: David Beaty OUT, Les Miles IN 

Does Kansas have a natural grass field?  The Hat loves to graze, while coaching.
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    It will now be seeded with new crop winter wheat.  Les is pretty old, so they'll need to keep him healthy and cleansed.  
    Professor_Fate
  • Mike MacIntyre is our at Colorado. The Buffaloes started 5-0, and have lost their last 6 games.
  • Mike MacIntyre is our at Colorado. The Buffaloes started 5-0, and have lost their last 6 games.

From Pac 12 division champ to out in two years. Some MWC team will probably pick him up.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    Kansas: David Beaty OUT, Les Miles IN
    Colorado: Mike MacIntyre OUT
    Charlotte: Brad Lambert OUT
    Texas State: Everett Withers OUT
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    First move Miles' should make is institute the triple option. Seriously. KU doesn't have the talent right now of the rest of the B12. Army did very well against Oklahoma with it. Kansas should go triple option! 
    NescacdadTruckCrew
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum

Mike MacIntyre is our at Colorado. The Buffaloes started 5-0, and have lost their last 6 games.

From Pac 12 division champ to out in two years. Some MWC team will probably pick him up.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing him back in Durham. He has worked for Coach Cut a couple of times, and I think he’s a pretty good coach. Colorado has become a nearly impossible job.