Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Bobby Kramig has Resigned

D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
After 34 years as Miami's only soccer coach, Miami announced Bobby Kramig's resignation around noon today, effectively immediately.

Since the release states that Miami plans to honor him as part of facility renovation plans, it does not sound like he was forced out.

I surely hope that his health is OK.
TruckCrew

Comments

• TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    attended his soccer camp as a 10-year old - probably shortly after he started. May not have the assembled the trophy case that other coaches have, but any time you spend 34 years at an institution well, you're an institution yourself.

Good luck in retirement, coach. 
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Wealthy Alum
    Retiring after 34 years isn't shocking. The timing is a little odd. 

• laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    Iam4hawks said:

When this happens on the eve of the season it looks like Kramig wanted his assistant to have the sole shot at the job.

Hard to explain the timing any other way if he was not forced out for some reason.

He is not the first head coach to do this.
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    laxdaddy said:

Iam4hawks said:

When this happens on the eve of the season it looks like Kramig wanted his assistant to have the sole shot at the job.

Hard to explain the timing any other way if he was not forced out for some reason.

He is not the first head coach to do this.
    I'd like to think he pulled a Dean Smith/Coach Gutt. But, this close to the start of the season and spending more time with family (in his quote) has me concerned a health matter is driving this. I hope not.

Really good soccer coach...true Miami asset...drove tobacco sales up in Oxford...decent summer school "professor" in Basic Golf circa 1996.
  • HawksVoxHawksVox Summer Orientee
    Coach Kramig wants and needs to spend time supporting his wife Karen as she deals with ill health. He is fine. No issues with his health and he was not "asked" to leave. Let's please be 100% supportive of his decision.
    laxmomdave67Bash_RiprockLove_and_Honorthechuck_2112redhawksnredsAORedHawk33Quinoaburger
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Thanks for the insight. I should have said I was concerned about a health matter for either he or a family member. Prayers up to his wife, Karen.
    laxmomdave67
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Wealthy Alum
    Sorry to hear there is a health issue. Hope things work out for the best for everyone concerned.

laxmom
  • crashdadcrashdad Dodds God
    Sorry to hear of his wife's health issue. Prayers to his family, and great thanks for his service to Miami. Love and honor!
    dave67AORedHawk33