Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Big Recruiting Weekend for Megan Duffy!!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

4 verbals over the weekend!!

Vannessa Garrelts, 5'5" PG Marian Central HS, (Illinois)

Peyton Scott, 5'7" G, Lynchburg-Clay HS (Ohio)

Kennedy Taylor, 5'10 G, Columbus Hartley HS (Ohio)

Kennedi Myles, 6'1" F, Cincinnati Walnut Hills (Ohio)

Great job by Megan and the staff as well as the team!!  I saw a bunch of the recruiting activities in front of Millett this weekend. Everyone really seemed to be bonding.

skin66Bash_Riprockthechuck_2112Love_and_Honorredhawksnredsredhawk11gentbaseball12killgas20DICK

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    And welcome aboard #5!!! Morgan Sharps, 5'10" G, Newark HS (Ohio). Megan Duffy showing how to seal the deal! Great job! And welcome to the Miami RedHawks family ladies!!
    killgas20
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Perhaps I will now shift 100 % of my attention to women's basketball.
    redhawk11
    Actually they deserve more attention than they get! Whole different attitude under this new coaching staff!!
    Iam4hawks
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Senior Barfly
    I will definitely try to watch some of these games (Dish/ESPN permitting). Megan is a dynamo. Love it!
    I can tell you the girls look bigger and stronger. Abbey Hoff has probably grown close to 2 inches. The new strength coach is helping immensely. Instituted a stretching program and that has led to Abbey's growth. She is much stronger as well. Several other girls you can see the results in the weight room as well.
    killgas20
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

I can tell you the girls look bigger and stronger. Abbey Hoff has probably grown close to 2 inches. The new strength coach is helping immensely. Instituted a stretching program and that has led to Abbey's growth. She is much stronger as well. Several other girls you can see the results in the weight room as well.

So they're gong to kick sand in everyone's faces this year?!
    bpat said:

Bluesman said:

So they're gong to kick sand in everyone's faces this year?!
    Why yes they are. Obviously someone as old as me who remembers Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books!!
    Iam4hawks
    edited September 2017

Kennedi Myles write up from the EBA Super 64 camp:

https://prospectsnation.com/player/kennedi-myles#campbr-evaluations

She is the only one I have watched much video on. I like what I see. Strong post player who moves well.

Highlight video:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kennedi-myles/gV5tHIptEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

• grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2017
    bpat said:

Bluesman said:

We have a rack as part of our conditioning program?
  • grumpy1 said:

bpat said:

Bluesman said:

We have a rack as part of our conditioning program?
    The Rack?  I didn't expect Miami go to the practices of the Spanish Inquisition?
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Add this to previously commited Nia, who had offers from B10 and a top 15 program, things are definitely looking up with Duffy and staff!
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

So she stretched and she grew?? Really?? Keep stretching her. Perhaps we can get her to seven feet or more.

Seriously, I am looking forward to seeing our "new" women's team in action. Then again the last ND associated coach we hired has not worked out as well as I hoped.

Last year after her hire I designated all my R/W donation to women's bb.

HighStreetBlues
    Spanks004 said:

Add this to previously commited Nia, who had offers from B10 and a top 15 program, things are definitely looking up with Duffy and staff!

That is correct. Nia Clark is a verbal as well. Nike Sibande's girlfriend. As very good player in her own right.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    So Blues, in looking at the information you posted on Kennedi Myles, it would appear that she is class of 2019.  Do you know what class the other 5 girls are in?
    edited September 2017

Dick they are 2018 I believe. Megan has 4 spots to fill. Molly, Megan, Kayla and Jazz. Freshman Kelly McLaughlin is not currently on scholarship. So based on what I am seeing, she will have a shorter team next year as she concentrated on guards.

• EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2017
    nm