Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Akron an embarrassment in Boca bowl

Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
edited December 2017 in Rogue Boosters
I figured they’d lose to FAU but they are getting completely blown out and look like a high school team. They are just so bad on both sides of the ball.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Even we beat them. They have no business playing in a bowl. ;)
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    And yet a team that bad won the MAC east and we did not.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    I bet they would get destroyed, my entire bowl theory based on suggested or actual Miami matchups. We should have been better!!!!!!!
    Cincykid3 said:

And yet a team that bad won the MAC east and we did not.

I'm not sure what your point is. They were bad, we were bad. They were just less bad. The only decent team in the East was OU, and they blew it.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Waiting with bated breath for DSnyder's detailed analysis.
    Bash_RiprockRe6H5wk
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I know this sounds like a jealousy type statement, but I would rather not be in a bowl than lose by 47 points in one
    DSnyder15Nescacdad
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I am still trying to figure out why the MAC trades their spot in the Montgomery bowl for this. The line was 22. The next highest line i think is under 10
    Re6H5wk: my point was just how easy it shoulda been to win the very, very weak MAC east. Our league schedule was embarrassingly weak as we’ve already well covered on this forum. Just seeing a team of Akron’s ineptitude playing as our divisional champ re-opened the wounds of how we pissed away this season. (just when I was getting over it a little).

If any of you watched the game (hard to stomach more than a few moments I know), you would have seen how completely outclassed Akron was...I mean I felt sorry for their players it was so bad. Men against boys and we are talking FAU ofnthe lowly C-USA, not a P5 team.
    Re6H5wkNescacdad
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    That non targeting call was amazing. That had to be as clear of a targeting example as I've ever seen.
    Spanks004 said:

I know this sounds like a jealousy type statement, but I would rather not be in a bowl than lose by 47 points in one

I completely agree.
    We probably would’ve been competitive against a SunBelt team or lower level C-USA team but not Troy nor FAU.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Lane Kiffin proves that a god awful, limp dick pump-up video to the fans isn't the end of the world. Hi, Chuck!
  • DSnyder15DSnyder15 Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2017
    yanksalex said:

I never liked Bowden and was happy to see the score.  The Zips now have a better chance of moving on.  He may not get fired but they will not give him an extension...next year will be his last.  One way or another....the MAC will improve next year as both Martin and Bowden are in the "shit or get off the pot" position.  It always amazed me that some on this forum would rather have Bowden than Martin.

Enjoy your Christmas.
    I don’t like Bowden or the Zips, either but their pathetic performance hurts the image and credibility of the MAC, so I would’ve preferred seeing a more competitive game myself.
  • Cincykid3 said:

I don’t like Bowden or the Zips, either but their pathetic performance hurts the image and credibility of the MAC, so I would’ve preferred seeing a more competitive game myself.

I think that MAC's 5-21 in record bowl games since 2013 has sufficiently undermined any credibility the conference might have had.  Just another in a long line of losses for the conference.
    Nescacdad
    True that. ☹️
  • Lane Kiffin proves that a god awful, limp dick pump-up video to the fans isn't the end of the world. Hi, Chuck!

Except that Kiffin's was knowingly awful and tongue-in-cheek. Chuck's not so much.
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Wealthy Alum
    It was a terrible match-up and everyone knew it going in. I have no idea why they didn't find a better MAC team to match up with FAU. 
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Iam4hawks said:

It was a terrible match-up and everyone knew it going in. I have no idea why they didn't find a better MAC team to match up with FAU. 

Because we didn't win enough games to qualify!! 
    dave67
    edited December 2017
    DSnyder15 said:

yanksalex said:

Enjoy your Christmas.

xP

(pretty sure Alex doesn't celebrate Christmas)
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    Had we not crapped the bed this season, that could have been us getting embarrassed in Boca Raton.
  • KoheenKoheen Havighurstite
    DevilGrad said:

Cincykid3 said:

Re6H5wk: my point was just how easy it shoulda been to win the very, very weak MAC east. Our league schedule was embarrassingly weak as we’ve already well covered on this forum. Just seeing a team of Akron’s ineptitude playing as our divisional champ re-opened the wounds of how we pissed away this season. (just when I was getting over it a little).

If any of you watched the game (hard to stomach more than a few moments I know), you would have seen how completely outclassed Akron was...I mean I felt sorry for their players it was so bad. Men against boys and we are talking FAU ofnthe lowly C-USA, not a P5 team.

And my point is that Akron sucks, and watching them die 50-3 warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart.

The 88-42 drubbing of Dambrot by VCU in the '13 tourney still makes me feel all tingly inside.

• KoheenKoheen Havighurstite
    Also...FAU is REALLY good. Once Kiffin's offense started kicking in they've been a juggernaut. I doubt any MAC team could beat them right now.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

I couldn't give less of a shit about what people around the country think of the MAC. Just my take.

Cincykid3 said:

I couldn't give less of a shit about what people around the country think of the MAC. Just my take.
    Plus, Akron isn't exactly the face of the MAC. Let's see how the likes of UT, NIU, and OU fare.
  • Cincykid3 said:

I think that MAC's 5-21 in record bowl games since 2013 has sufficiently undermined any credibility the conference might have had.  Just another in a long line of losses for the conference.
    The only people who think the MAC has any 'credibility' are us fans and alumni of MAC schools. In the grand scheme of college football, practically no one has any strong feelings about the conference one way or another. 

It's 'just another in a long line of losses for the conferences,' all in bowl games played in either non-tradition sites (Bahamas) or in cities no one would otherwise visit (Shreveport, Mobile, B-ham), on weekdays before Christmas where only fans of those schools and degenerate gamblers watch. 

If we're talking 'national perception' of the MAC, I'd rather see Western lose in a NY6 bowl and play their opponent close than beat up on mid-tier C-USA and Sun Belt teams in the Dollar General Cherry Tart Lawnmower Chicken Bowl. 
  • We joke about Shreveport, but the Independence Bowl has been around for more than 40 years. It's not some ESPN-created content generator designed to take up programming time in December.
    Bash_Riprock
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Was at same Bowl when Miami played Iowa State. Nuff said.
    Nescacdad
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Bobcats mauling UAB right now. 41-6.
    Ohio prolly should have been matched up with FAU but Akron would’ve likely lost to UAB anyway and not sure the Bobcats could’ve handled FAU so maybe it worked it best for the MAC this way.

Still don’t understand why CMU is playing out West with NIU in Detroit vs. Duke in a match up that won’t “draw flies.”