Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Buies Creek, NC

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
 We play 4 games in the Campbell Invitational this weekend, one with WM, two with Yale, one with Campbell.

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited February 2018
    Miami won 3 out of 4 this weekend.  We may actually have something going on here. 3 or the 4 games were extra innings.  We lost to WM 4-2 in 10 innings, We swept Yale 4-3 in 16 innings and 2-1, and we beat host Campbell 8-6 in 11 innings.  That is a 5-3 start including two wins over traditional baseball power Arizona State.  Most years we really struggle in these early tournaments.

This week we are being really optimistic, as we have a 3 game HOME stand against Rider, 5:00 Friday, 4:00 Saturday, and 1:00 Sunday.

• Great start to the season. In 2015 it took until April 4 (26 games) to get 5 wins. Last year it took until March 24 (19 games). This team did it in 2 weekends and just 8 games.

The 2-1 win over Yale was condensed to 7 innings because of the previous game going 16 innings. That means in a 4 game weekend series none of the games went 9 innings. I wonder if that has ever happened before.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    I don't usually follow college baseball, but this is an encouraging sign. Way to go, guys.
    dave67
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

Great start to the season. In 2015 it took until April 4 (26 games) to get 5 wins. Last year it took until March 24 (19 games). This team did it in 2 weekends and just 8 games.

The 2-1 win over Yale was condensed to 7 innings because of the previous game going 16 innings. That means in a 4 game weekend series none of the games went 9 innings. I wonder if that has ever happened before.

I think that doubleheaders are usually 7 inning games and we played a DH vs Yale on Saturday.
  • DICK said:

Great start to the season. In 2015 it took until April 4 (26 games) to get 5 wins. Last year it took until March 24 (19 games). This team did it in 2 weekends and just 8 games.

I think that doubleheaders are usually 7 inning games and we played a DH vs Yale on Saturday.
    I know they use a 7 inning run rule for doubleheaders, but that wouldn't be in play for a 2-1 game. I don't think they specifically schedule 7 inning games unless there is extenuating circumstances (like the first game going 16 innings). Both games went 9 innings on opening day against ASU.