Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Welcome Aboard Tihhana Fulton!

5th member added to recruiting class yesterday. Tihhana Fulton, 6’0” Post player from Mason and was First Team Miami Valley Conference this year. Adds some quality depth to the frontcourt. Only post player in this very strong class!

Comments

• laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    Googling her name I saw that she was earlier committed to D2 Florida Southern. Scouting reports indicates she is undersized but is an effective post player. I would not mind a female version of Tim Pollitz in the paint.
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    There was no mention of Fulton in the press release of Coach Duffy's extension. All other in this class were mentioned. I am wondering whether she is a preferred walk-on.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    edited April 2018
    Test, now it works
    redhawk11
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    In looking at her videos, Tihhana looks to be an old fashioned power forward (physical and tough on the boards), the longest shots I saw her take on the video were 12-15 foot jumpers.  She was good on the boards and looked good at getting put back points and was able to finish through contact.  She also showed the ability to dribble drive and to come out with a steal or defensive rebound dribbling up court to  push the action.. She does not have impressive stat totals, but Mason was one of the best teams in the state and they played in the D-1 state tourney, so probably there were other scoring options on the team.