Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Quinten Rollins

cwRedhawkscwRedhawks Havighurstite
edited August 2018 in Paid to Play
As much as I love the guy, tough preseason start for him. Gave up a big play on defense... but that’s not it. He was also in to return a punt (trying to find any place to put him since he’s had a tough time at corner), but he fumbled it. At least he recovered it!

Comments

• Needs to be cut. Big time 2nd round bust.
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum

Needs to be cut. Big time 2nd round bust.

That's a bit unfair.  He had a big adjustment to make after only one year of college football and his injury is one that many don't come back from.
    Bash_Riprock
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    grumpy1 said:

Needs to be cut. Big time 2nd round bust.

That's a bit unfair.  He had a big adjustment to make after only one year of college football and his injury is one that many don't come back from.
    Exactly. He was always going to be raw/a project. And I have no idea how a second round pick can be a bust anyway.
    grumpy1
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    He has been moved to safety.  That indicates to me that they still see something and are trying to find a position for him rather than just release him.  Also playing special teams.
    dave67
  • cwRedhawkscwRedhawks Havighurstite
    Had a decent punt return last night as well. Made some guys miss.
    grumpy1
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Quotes from Camp the last few days. Hope he makes the cut.  By the way, for those that did not know, Special Teams Coach is good old Miamian Ron Zook.

"The day's standouts include Quinten Rollins on defense, who continues to make plays. He batted down a pass."

"Coming into camp, I was expecting to cut Quinten Rollins on every mock roster I made. He hasn't played well, but he's shown he can play Safety now as well, and that versatility plus his special teams experience may be enough to save his job."
  • Joe_NJoe_N Summer Orientee
    Quinten had workouts with both the Bears and Jets in the last two weeks.
    redhawk11killgas20
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Hope he lands somewhere.  Should have been a safety from the start, imo.
    And has been cut by Arizona who is looking to try out the Psquad players. 
  • That’ll just about do it
    Cincykid3
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2019
    Q signed with the 49ers yesterday.  Greg Mabin, who expected to earn a backup CB spot for San Francisco (he was on the active roster for 13 games last year, but bounced back and forth a few times from the practice squad), injured his calf Wednesday afternoon and was waived. Q was at his first practice today and even took Mabin's number, not just his roster spot. I imagine if he acquits himself well in practice and preseason games, he'll find himself on the roster in a second-string corner/slot corner role.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

Q signed with the 49ers yesterday.  Greg Mabin, who expected to earn a backup CB spot for San Francisco (he was on the active roster for 13 games last year, but bounced back and forth a few times from the practice squad), injured his calf Wednesday afternoon and was waived. Q was at his first practice today and even took Mabin's number, not just his roster spot. I imagine if he acquits himself well in practice and preseason games, he'll find himself on the roster in a second-string corner/slot corner role.

Q has kept at it. I hope he makes it.
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2019
    He's got to stay healthy. That's been his main issue so far. IMO
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

From today's Mercury News:

— When cornerback Quinten Rollins deftly broke up a pass on the sideline, some teammates celebrated, “Hey, new guy!” Rollins, a 2015 second-round draft pick of the Green Bay Packers, was signed to replace Greg Mabin, who sustained a calf injury Wednesday and was waived with an injury settlement.

Rollins played three seasons with the Packers, and a hamstring issue sent him onto injured reserve a year ago with the Arizona Cardinals.

• CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    Great news for Q! Reason enough now to watch 49ers @ Broncos on MNF this week
    NYCRedHawk
    Dont think he got into the game. Looks like he's just a camp body. Too bad.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Looks like he played 8 snaps against KC. That was after playing 42 snaps against Denver the week prior. Doesn't appear that he recorded a stat in either game. No idea what his chances are of making the team. Still has one game left.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Released by 49ers