Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Commits

According to the website asgrbasketball.com, Megan Duffy has the top ranked recruiting class for 2019 in the MAC.

Players they show committed...

Peyton Scott, OH, 5-7 PG
Morgan Sharps, OH, 5-10, SG
Amani Freeman, IN 6-2, C
Kennedi Myles, OH, 6-2, PF

They also show Ti Fulton as as commit but she is in the '18 class.

They do not show recent commit Maddie Nolan from Indiana.

We have 4 seniors on the current roster of 14. NCAA limit is 15 so perhaps why we will be taking 5 to replace 4.

Anyone know anything about these young women?

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2018
    Kennedi Miles...will be a Senior at Western Hills.  I think her Dad is an adminstrator in the Cincinnati Public School system.  I saw some videos of Kennedi last year and she is big, strong, and fast and showed great potential.  There is a strong chance that she can move right in and replace current Senior Kendall McCoy at power forward.

I will be looking for videos and stats on these girls when I have some free time.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited August 2018
    I wrote about Kennedi Myles above and Blues has covered Maddie Nolan, so here is what I found about our 3 other verbal commits:

Amani Freeman is a 6-2 center from Avon, Indiana.  She played more JV last year as a junior than she did varsity. Her varsity stats were 1.7 points and 1.7 rebounds.  I found no videos.  In her pictures she looks strong.  I would guess that the staff views Amani as having the physical tools to be really good and look at her as late developing or perhaps new to the game with lots of upside.  Sometimes a player like this redshirts her first season.

Peyton Scott is a point guard from Lynchburg Clay.  She is a big star there and dominated in her videos against perhaps lesser competition.  As a freshman, Peyton averaged 15ppg, 19ppg as a sophomore, and 24.9 ppg last year as a junior.  Her shooting percentages last year were FT% 87%, Two's 58%, and 3's 28%.  She scores primarily in transition and driving and uses both hands to finish.  She has a pull up jumper and three point range, although her 28% 3 point % shows that she needs to work on that.  She showed great defensive anticipation as her team scored a lot off loose balls and steals and she was really good in transition.

Morgan Sharps is a 5-10 guard from Newark, one of the top Division 1 teams in the state last year.  She appears to be a pure 3- point shooter with good footwork and a really quick release.  She averaged 15.9 ppg last year.  In looking over some of her tweets, she apparently committed to BG at one point, then later to Miami.  I know BG changed coaches after the season, perhaps that is how that happened??
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    DICK said:

I wrote about Kennedi Myles above and Blues has covered Maddie Nolan, so here is what I found about our 3 other verbal commits:

Amani Freeman is a 6-2 center from Avon, Indiana.  She played more JV last year as a junior than she did varsity. Her varsity stats were 1.7 points and 1.7 rebounds.  I found no videos.  In her pictures she looks strong.  I would guess that the staff views Amani as having the physical tools to be really good and look at her as late developing or perhaps new to the game with lots of upside.  Sometimes a player like this redshirts her first season.

Peyton Scott is a point guard from Lynchburg Clay.  She is a big star there and dominated in her videos against perhaps lesser competition.  As a freshman, Peyton averaged 15ppg, 19ppg as a sophomore, and 24.9 ppg last year as a junior.  Her shooting percentages last year were FT% 87%, Two's 58%, and 3's 28%.  She scores primarily in transition and driving and uses both hands to finish.  She has a pull up jumper and three point range, although her 28% 3 point % shows that she needs to work on that.  She showed great defensive anticipation as her team scored a lot off loose balls and steals and she was really good in transition.

Morgan Sharps is a 5-10 guard from Newark, one of the top Division 1 teams in the state last year.  She appears to be a pure 3- point shooter with good footwork and a really quick release.  She averaged 15.9 ppg last year.  In looking over some of her tweets, she apparently committed to BG at one point, then later to Miami.  I know BG changed coaches after the season, perhaps that is how that happened??
    Interesting about Sharps. On the same note, Macy Spielman who committed to Miami with Cleve Wright two years ago is now committed to BG. It almost looks like a trade. It will interesting to see how this turns out over their college careers.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

DICK said:

Interesting about Sharps. On the same note, Macy Spielman who committed to Miami with Cleve Wright two years ago is now committed to BG. It almost looks like a trade. It will interesting to see how this turns out over their college careers.
    Ironically,I came across a photo of Sharps and Spielman together, listing them as workout buddies.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2018
    Amani Freeman had her official visit to Miami this past weekend. From the picture posted, she looks pretty close to her listed 6'2". She towers over Duffy!!