Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Mid Major Madness - MAC Preseason Rankings

We were ranked 5th which is exactly where I think we should be ranked. We will definitely be over .500 in our overall record and in conference play, and will be in the mix for a first round bye into Cleveland 

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/10/19/17999470/mac-preseason-rankings-can-anyone-compete-with-buffalo-bulls-ball-state-nate-oats-maction

Comments

• 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    Its intriguing how BG apparently played 13 MAC games last year and everyone else played 18.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    BG was 7-11 in conference games last year.
  • hoosierhawkhoosierhawk Senior Barfly
    Maybe I'm high on my own supply over here, but I'll be slightly disappointed with 5th.  I think this team could be special a year earlier than expected with Ringo and Nike, not to mention Brown and ICL who both showed flashes of quality MAC talent.  Buffalo was definitely the class of the MAC last year, but we were one of the 3 teams to get a win on them.

The East is pretty mediocre this year and I'd hope between that and the West beating each other up we can secure a bye.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    MAC Preseason polls came out this morning and Miami was picked 2nd in the East, behind Buffalo and edging both Kent and OU. Buffalo picked to win the whole thing (not a shock).
    Re6H5wk
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

MAC Preseason polls came out this morning and Miami was picked 2nd in the East, behind Buffalo and edging both Kent and OU. Buffalo picked to win the whole thing (not a shock).

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/2018/10/buffalo-bulls-picked-to-dominate-mac-mens-basketball-in-preseason-poll.html
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Not a shock at all. And I agree with the rankings. UB is loaded. And they have 3 of the top 5 Preseason All MAC East players in Harris, Perkins, Massinburg. They are what I hope Miami will be in another year or two. 
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    It's amazing what happens when you invest in your coaches and athletic facilities!