Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

What A Day!!

Megan Duffy and her staff had an amazing day. 5 new RedHawks!! Welcome aboard everyone!!! 

6'2" Amani Freeman
6'1 Kennedi Myles
5'9" Maddie Nolan
5'8" Peyton Scott
5'10" Morgan Sharps

MUHawk84

Comments

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Any women's recruiting sites to see if they had other offers?
  • Spanks004 said:

Any women's recruiting sites to see if they had other offers?

Not finding anything centralized, so here's what I've been able to see from googling around (note that this is certainly incomplete):

Kennedi Myles had offers from NKU, Indiana State, and Detroit Mercy.
    Maddie Nolan had offers from Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Evansville, Illinois, and Michigan.
    Peyton Scott had an offer from Detroit Mercy.

Nothing I can find for Freeman or Sharps, but again, this is just based on what I can do with search engines since there's no formal thing like Verbal Commits (and hometown newspapers don't report on offers).

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Illinois and Michigan for Nolan, wow
  • Outstanding!
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Myles verbally committed before her Junior year, or I think she would have gotten Big Ten type offers.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited January 2019
    I took a little time tonight to check on how the girls are doing this year.  Peyton Scott is having another big year against lesser competition, averaging 25ppg and putting up big numbers in all categories.  Morgan Sharps is having a great senior season and could play right away next year.  Kennedi Myles is not putting up huge stats, but her highlite videos are really good.  She will play right away.

Maddie Nolan had a knee injury in August and to this point has missed her Senior season.  The article said that they were hoping she would be back in January / February before the tournament.  Amani Freeman has the body of a big time player, but is strictly a project from watching her video.  I would guess a redshirt next year.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:
    Thanks for posting this.  With Nia Clark and Tihanna Fulton getting injury redshirts this year and joining next year's freshman class, that is going to be a big class with more highly talented players than any class I can ever remember.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited March 2019
    In the district championship game Walnut Hills defeated Huber Heights Wayne 58-49.  Kennedi Myles led Walnut Hills with 21 points and 10 rebounds.  Wayne features UD recruit Destiny Bohanon who had 14/7. Walnut Hills is 25-1, and now face the best team in the Dayton area, Centerville ( 24-2),  in the regional semifinal at Trent Arena on Wednesday.

Maddie Nolan, who had knee surgery in August, returned to her Zionsville team in February and was working her say back into shape, averaging 13 ppg ( lower than her 21 ppg last year) .
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited March 2019
    DICK said:

In the district championship game Walnut Hills defeated Huber Heights Wayne 58-49.  Kennedi Myles led Walnut Hills with 21 points and 10 rebounds.  Wayne features UD recruit Destiny Bohanon who had 14/7. Walnut Hills is 25-1, and now face the best team in the Dayton area, Centerville ( 24-2),  in the regional semifinal at Trent Arena on Wednesday.

Maddie Nolan, who had knee surgery in August, returned to her Zionsville team in February and was working her say back into shape, averaging 13 ppg ( lower than her 21 ppg last year) .
    If you watch tape of Kennedi Myles you have to be excited. She has great skills. Sort of reminds me of Ciarra Dillard but a little taller as far as her game. Will she be anywhere near as good as Dillard? Who knows. But that is what her game reminds me of. Watch the 2017-2018 highlight video and you will see what I mean. She is 6'1". Watch her ballhandling. She is #44. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kennedi-myles/gV5tHIptEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm?videoid=dc8f2c66-66b6-4910-83df-6b91bd321f11

• grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    She's got all the tools and has played against some good competition.  She's looks ready to play right away.