Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 season tickets go on sale tomorrow

CycloneAlCycloneAl Havighurstite
Who wants some?

Comments

• dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Is there a Black Friday discount?
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    Only one home game in first four games - Tennessee Tech. Possible MAC home game on Sept 28.
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Nescacdad said:

Only one home game in first four games - Tennessee Tech. Possible MAC home game on Sept 28.

And this board will be blowing up again after we start 1-3 with another loss to UC.
    JHVMUFBAlumLove_and_Honor
  • MacCrackenMacCracken Havighurstite
    Did anyone buy in the first week?  We did and haven't heard about the basketball ticket for next week.  Is it the usual that the athletic department is behind in getting news out?  

I know we could just go to the game, but there's no way i can convince my friend to drive up to Oxford in January otherwise.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    grumpy1 said:

Nescacdad said:

And this board will be blowing up again after we start 1-3 with another loss to UC.
    We play two ranked teams and UC just finished the year 11-2...no way we have better than a 1-3 record...but that’s better than 0-4 this year OOC!
    redhawk11skin66digitalhawk
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    "Is it the usual that the athletic department is behind in getting news out?"

I thought about it. Too easy.
    redhawk11
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    OK, so this topic reminds me that I have not had an official notice or call or email or text saying I can use the real money I paid for an imaginary bowl game for my season tickets  I emailed the dude  He responded quickly  Said he was sorry he forgot to notify me.  I then, fool that I am, renewed my tickets.  It is very probable we will not be able to attend any game until the end of the season  We will be traveling through Iowa the day before we play them  How many times need I be hit with that hammer before I realize I am the person swinging it.  Ah crap, I may stay over in that area and see my team play  
  • MacCrackenMacCracken Havighurstite

"Is it the usual that the athletic department is behind in getting news out?"

I thought about it. Too easy.

I know. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - and stupidity by the athletic dept would not be new.
    Nickskin
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God
    skin66 said:

OK, so this topic reminds me that I have not had an official notice or call or email or text saying I can use the real money I paid for an imaginary bowl game for my season tickets  I emailed the dude  He responded quickly  Said he was sorry he forgot to notify me.  I then, fool that I am, renewed my tickets.  It is very probable we will not be able to attend any game until the end of the season  We will be traveling through Iowa the day before we play them  How many times need I be hit with that hammer before I realize I am the person swinging it.  Ah crap, I may stay over in that area and see my team play 

skin66 said:

Skin66, I am glad to hear this.  I have been wondering why we haven't had an official announcement about this.  I would hope the athletic department would have the courtesy to send out e-mails to all those who put deposits down, or at least send out a general announcement to that effect.

greggie76
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    CycloneAl said:

Who wants some?

You know, after buying season tickets for 35 years, I think it is time to give them up. My patience is starting to wear thin, no longer satisfied with 6-6 records, lousy night time midweek scheduling, and overpriced Red and White Club pregame food at $20 per head. I can always listen on radio, or watch on ESPN 3, and no longer have a 100 mile round trip to make. So, no I don’t want some anymore.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    And, there’s not a shortage of tickets to buy for individual games.
  • IdiotfanIdiotfan Summer Orientee
    edited January 8
    Gene said:

not to mention, Chuck Martin thinks your an idiot.
    Gene
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Idiotfan said:

Gene said:

not to mention, Chuck Martin thinks your an idiot.
    With that grammar, he might be right ;)
    Bash_Riprockmrgredhawkskin66QuinoaburgerLove_and_HonorJCook32Re6H5wk
  • DavearamaDavearama Dodds God
    Speaking of idiots....maybe you're/your one too/to/two since/sense/cents you don't recall your 8th grade English,

Sometimes the English language makes no since/sense/cents and I struggle with it too/to/two! 

With the advent of spell checking it's pretty dang embarrassing seeing all the words I've been misspelling all my life! They're not all hard ones too/to/two. Eight grade English can mess you up.  

Which/witch brings me back to the original topic-season tickets. Yeah there will be plenty of good ones available. That's a shame but that's just the way it is. Great time to get season tickets and seats on the 50! 

Our kiddies got wife and I season tickets, parking pass and bit of gear for Christmas..hoping for better things this coming season but no matter what...

Love + Honor rules the day! 

Professor_FateDICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    You’d think Chuck would be plenty motivated to start winning when he sees a guy like Fickell come in and coach UC a couple of years and be the runner-up for the HC job at WVU which pays around $3 mil a year. Unless Scarecats implode this coming season he’s very likely to have a P5 head coaching job in the next year or two.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    Cincykid3 said:

You’d think Chuck would be plenty motivated to start winning when he sees a guy like Fickell come in and coach UC a couple of years and be the runner-up for the HC job at WVU which pays around $3 mil a year. Unless Scarecats implode this coming season he’s very likely to have a P5 head coaching job in the next year or two.

I would think he is probably quite aware that his career came to a screeching halt at Miami.
    JCook32
  • DavearamaDavearama Dodds God
    Coach came here motivated. He didn't take a salary cut to stay here for ever. And yea, I bet he knows his career has come to a screeching halt.

As to moving on remember, we are the Cradle of Coaches. 

Like many mid major schools, with any luck we're just a step in the ladder up to a bigger, better, and much richer coaching job at a Power 5 school.

When you've been around to see some of the more recent ones that have had that success like Randy Walker and Terry Hoeppner move on and move up it's kind of cool. Hate to see them leave but happy for their success. 

Unfortunately, here recently, we've been more like a crash landing.

• rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Martin can fix his career by having a couple big years . 
    redhawk11
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

A coach can get a better job by winning at their current school.
    Quinoaburger
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

rexjack53 said:

If you score more points than your opponent, you will win the game.

Re6H5wkDICKskin66AORedHawk33Bash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

JiveHawk said:

rexjack53 said:

Touchdowns are worth 6 points.
    redhawk11
    Re6H5wk said:

redhawk11 said:

JiveHawk said:

rexjack53 said:

What is the value of a time out called at the correct time?
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

Re6H5wk said:

redhawk11 said:

JiveHawk said:

rexjack53 said:

What is the value of a time out called at the correct time?
    Priceless.
    redhawk11Re6H5wkkillgas20
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    Quick question. Have football season ticket order forms been mailed yet?
    Quick answer:  YES  (received mine last week)
    Gene
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    edited January 30
    What the hell is up with the parking? Redzone parking now in the east lot at Millet? But, your $80 pass guarantees you nothing what? Why does Miami insist on making it so hard to be a fan — especially if you are traveling any distance. The change makes no sense to me at all. 
    Renmanco
    Call the ticket office.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    I don’t know why but I renewed my football tickets again today. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.
    DICKFootbalhead
    Gene said:

I don’t know why but I renewed my football tickets again today. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.

Yeah, me too.
    DICKFootbalhead
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    Iam4hawks said:

What the hell is up with the parking? Redzone parking now in the east lot at Millet? But, your $80 pass guarantees you nothing what? Why does Miami insist on making it so hard to be a fan — especially if you are traveling any distance. The change makes no sense to me at all. 

Yea I can’t figure out the parking thing either? Can’t they just make it simple and give me the cost of each section and any amenities? I will probably just pick the most expensive one, so just bill me!