Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Football commits

RedhawkfbdadRedhawkfbdad Summer Orientee
edited December 2018 in Football
Three new commits this past week are making this a really nice looking class. Anthony Collier DL, Ontario Russell RB and Max Wynn LB committed the last few days. Lots to be excited about going forward!
AORedHawk33
«134

Comments

  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Hopefully McKinnley and Pace soon as well!!
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    All in the recruiting forum!
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    What are the early expectations for 2019? 
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

    What are the early expectations for 2019? 

    Win 'em all.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    We play at Iowa, UC, and Ohio State with unproven QB. Hard to envision anything but 0-3 there. Beat Tennessee Tech and go 6-2 in the conference to get to 7-5 and a bowl game.
    Nescacdad
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

    We play at Iowa, UC, and Ohio State with unproven QB. Hard to envision anything but 0-3 there. Beat Tennessee Tech and go 6-2 in the conference to get to 7-5 and a bowl game.

    That's pretty reasonable actually.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Jive: all future OOC schedules look pretty challenging overall but the next “favorable” schedule is 2020 when we have UC, Army and Arkansas Pine Bluff all at home with Pitt on the road.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Iowa and OSU for sure losses. 70% chance losing to UC. Should beat Tenn Tech. I see another 6-6 perhaps, not as strong in the MAC. Just hard with a QB we don’t know after being used to Ragland, who whether you want to admit or not was a very efficient MAC QB
    Nescacdad
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Guess lot depends on who is scheduled from the MAC West , besides Ball State.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Personally, I will wait to see how our roster shakes out. Lots of positions to be won!!! Competition in spring and fall should be fun and spirited!!! 
    muredhawks22
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

    Iowa and OSU for sure losses. 70% chance losing to UC. Should beat Tenn Tech. I see another 6-6 perhaps, not as strong in the MAC. Just hard with a QB we don’t know after being used to Ragland, who whether you want to admit or not was a very efficient MAC QB

    =>I would put UC at 95%.  Game at Nippert.  UC is the youngest team in college football so doubt lose much from a very good team the beat us pretty good this year on a neutral field.  Miami loses some key players.  
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    Bluesman said:

    Personally, I will wait to see how our roster shakes out. Lots of positions to be won!!! Competition in spring and fall should be fun and spirited!!! 

    QB competition is the key. I’m assuming we’re not recruiting another graduate transfer. Your kid from STL will be a true freshman. Nobody on the roster has more than one quarter of playing time at the FBS level.

  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

    Spanks004 said:

    Iowa and OSU for sure losses. 70% chance losing to UC. Should beat Tenn Tech. I see another 6-6 perhaps, not as strong in the MAC. Just hard with a QB we don’t know after being used to Ragland, who whether you want to admit or not was a very efficient MAC QB

    =>I would put UC at 95%.  Game at Nippert.  UC is the youngest team in college football so doubt lose much from a very good team the beat us pretty good this year on a neutral field.  Miami loses some key players.  
    Meanwhile, OU (boo) about whom we've also been talking next year plays Rhode Island, at Pitt, at Marshall and Louisiana (not LSU). This "almost guarantees" them a 2-2 OOC and a decent shot at 3-1....whereas we're likely to go 2-2 at best and probably 1-3. These numbers seem to make the MAC schedule more challenging for us as we seek bowl eligibility.
  • RedseaRedsea Senior Barfly
    Renmanco said:

    mollautt said:

    Spanks004 said:

    Iowa and OSU for sure losses. 70% chance losing to UC. Should beat Tenn Tech. I see another 6-6 perhaps, not as strong in the MAC. Just hard with a QB we don’t know after being used to Ragland, who whether you want to admit or not was a very efficient MAC QB

    =>I would put UC at 95%.  Game at Nippert.  UC is the youngest team in college football so doubt lose much from a very good team the beat us pretty good this year on a neutral field.  Miami loses some key players.  
    Meanwhile, OU (boo) about whom we've also been talking next year plays Rhode Island, at Pitt, at Marshall and Louisiana (not LSU). This "almost guarantees" them a 2-2 OOC and a decent shot at 3-1....whereas we're likely to go 2-2 at best and probably 1-3. These numbers seem to make the MAC schedule more challenging for us as we seek bowl eligibility.
    Louisana won the Sun Belt and we lost to Marshall at home last year. Pitt was the ACC coastal champ. I think 2-2 is likely but that isnt as easy as they had this year
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Renmanco said:

    mollautt said:

    Spanks004 said:

    Iowa and OSU for sure losses. 70% chance losing to UC. Should beat Tenn Tech. I see another 6-6 perhaps, not as strong in the MAC. Just hard with a QB we don’t know after being used to Ragland, who whether you want to admit or not was a very efficient MAC QB

    =>I would put UC at 95%.  Game at Nippert.  UC is the youngest team in college football so doubt lose much from a very good team the beat us pretty good this year on a neutral field.  Miami loses some key players.  
    Meanwhile, OU (boo) about whom we've also been talking next year plays Rhode Island, at Pitt, at Marshall and Louisiana (not LSU). This "almost guarantees" them a 2-2 OOC and a decent shot at 3-1....whereas we're likely to go 2-2 at best and probably 1-3. These numbers seem to make the MAC schedule more challenging for us as we seek bowl eligibility.
    CLICK HERE to see what Miami should anticipate in playing AT Iowa and AT Ohio State.  Looks like $2M in revenue - - hopefully at least that much.

    Ohio sells quite a few more ticktets for its home games so I expect that is one reason it doesn't need to schedule as many $$$ games is from ticket revenue it receives compared to Miami?
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Pissed I will be out of country for the OSU game
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Guess lot depends on who is scheduled from the MAC West , besides Ball State.


    According to fbs schedules, it is the same opponents just flipped.

    Home: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Northern Illinois
    Away: Ball State, Kent State, Ohio, Western Michigan

  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    crap, No Central? 
  • greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    I thought we would play Toledo and eastern
  • muredhawks22muredhawks22 Havighurstite
    I don't mind playing the same opponents and then flipping them the following year, even if we have two of the tougher MAC West teams.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Be very hard  to get 7 wins 
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Oh please.

    Every December-February all we hear are how good our recruiting classes are, yet we can’t crack .500.

    PUT UP or SHUT UP time was last year... yet here we are. 7-8 wins should be the minimalist’s expectation every single year.
    grumpy1
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Either our recruits are great and our coaches suck, or our recruits were overrated almost every year.
    DICK
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

    Either our recruits are great and our coaches suck, or our recruits were overrated almost every year.

    Regardless of recruiting ranking, the players have to be developed and placed in position to succeed.
    The recruits are average, the development is poor.

    dave67BoarsHeadHeroJHVMUFBAlum
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

    redhawk11 said:

    Either our recruits are great and our coaches suck, or our recruits were overrated almost every year.

    Regardless of recruiting ranking, the players have to be developed and placed in position to succeed.
    The recruits are average, the development is poor.

    A guy like Austin Boucher, for example, was developed and placed in a position to succeed.
  • andystefandystef Summer Orientee
    I heard last night that Ivan Pace Jr, (Colerain), Ohio Division 1 Defensive player of the year, is committing to Miami. I saw all 15 Colerain games this year and Ivan is simply fantastic. He played both offense (RB) and defense (LB). At 6' 225, he's s "beast". Not sure if Martin plans to  use him on O or D. Either way, he's a winner and leader.
    redhawk11DICKJHVMUFBAlum90skin
  • HawksGrad18HawksGrad18 Summer Orientee
    He'll play on D.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Hilton got bumped up to a 3 star after re-evaluation last night.

    Miami is aiming for 31 spots to be filled, as 6 are enrolling early. We are at 28, perhaps 29.
    MoHawk
  • Was just on 247 Sports.com and Miami's class rated 72nd....UC's was 67th. Not as much separation as I might has thought. 

    For what it's worth....
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Ranking in the MAC at 72?
Sign In or Register to comment.