Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

James Gardner

Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
edited December 2018 in Football
Per Twitter, James confirms what many of us already assumed. He won't be returning to miami next season. However, instead of going the grad-transfer route, he will be entering the NFL draft.

https://twitter.com/81Reasonssss/status/1075803932541272064?s=19
redhawk11

Comments

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    People had to see this coming
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

I actually didn't. I assumed he would transfer as he only played in 3 games this year. Unless scouts have told him he will be drafted fairly high, I am wondering why not another year of college at a different school with set QB to pad some stats and show he is healthy.
    edited December 2018
    Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

I actually didn't. I assumed he would transfer as he only played in 3 games this year. Unless scouts have told him he will be drafted fairly high, I am wondering why not another year of college at a different school with set QB to pad some stats and show he is healthy.
    I think James has a VERY high opinion of himself.

DICK
    redhawk11 said:

Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

Yes. I knew he wouldn't come back to Miami, but just thought another school...oh well, good luck james!
    It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out for him.
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

what WR doesn't?
    DICKLove_and_Honor
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    I don't get this. I mean ... seriously? Am I the only one who thinks a good (sometimes great) player coming out of a serious injury will have close to no chance in the NFL draft? 
    BoarsHeadHerodave67Renmanco
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    Considering his lack of dominating speed, I would have suggested he go the grad transfer route st a P5 school.
    Bash_RiprockRenmanco
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    Situations like this suggest to me that he has potential agents whispering in his ear. I hope he is well served in the advice he gets. I am not sure that is always the case with those "representatives".
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    seriously what good would another year in college do for him?  More bumps with no reward.  He'll get faster strictly working out and not having to find a new school for a temporary move.  He has his degree or is close enough
    JiveHawkredhawk11skinsDICK

seriously what good would another year in college do for him?  More bumps with no reward.  He'll get faster strictly working out and not having to find a new school for a temporary move.  He has his degree or is close enough

It could give him the chance to prove he can return from injury and do well at a P5 school against consistent P5 defenses...
    dave67
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

It could give him the chance to prove he can return from injury and do well at a P5 school against consistent P5 defenses...
    Agreed. The kids stock could only go up from here it seems. Maybe there wasn’t any interest at this point
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    The good news is that if he makes an NFL roster he will be a Miami guy.

If he went somewhere else the last school attended gets the credit and PR.
    RedseaDICK