Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson open to transfer

He hasn't for sure announced that he will transfer yet, but he appears to be taking offers.  Jackson has already graduated and has listed himself in the NCAA transfer portal.

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    What programs are looking for guys with questionable decision making and an inability to throw the ball less than 500 mph?
    grumpy1
  • Florida, probably
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    His ball security is always entertaining.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    The dude led buffalo to an amazing year, no need to really knock him
    Spanks004 said:

Sorry spanks.

AORedHawk33
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Sure many Power  5 programs will want him. Hope he leaves the MAC. 
    redhawk11 said:

Spanks004 said:

Sorry spanks.

Oh yes there is. Anyone who bet on them the last two games only to watch him look like Jameis out there.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    Mike Leach is looking to replenish his Air Raid offense. Minshew worked out nicely.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

Sure many Power  5 programs will want him. Hope he leaves the MAC. 

Why? The conference is a stronger one with him. I'd rather not have all the decent players transfer out.
  • He needs to go to a team that can protect him, he is a china doll. He was getting flustered when Miami was getting at him, unfortunately the defense stopped getting to him and he settled back down. He fell apart when Troy was hitting him and pressuring him. If you saw the close up of him on the sideline during the bowl game he was like a three year old whining after he got hit. He may have been the MAC POY but I would not want him, probably in the minority.
  • JDAD78JDAD78 Summer Orientee
    Agree with you Redskin89.
    Good luck in the NFL Tyree.
    redhawk11 said:

Good luck in the NFL Tyree.

He's gonna need it.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    I suspect he found no one wanted him in the transfer market.
    redhawk11
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    edited January 6

I don't think that's the case. The word was that Coral Gables was recruiting him pretty hard. I think he just figured that with the draft class being weaker this year than next it made more sense to come out now. Barring some pre-draft issue, he's probably going to get drafted this year. If he had gone the grad transfer route, there would be a risk of injury or not meshing well with the new team and falling out of the draft completely. Even if he went to Coral Gables and played well, he'd probably end up in about the same spot as this year because there's going to be more good QBs available next year. I think another year in college would be good for him from a developmental standpoint, but there's only really downsides when it comes to his draft status.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

I don't think that's the case. The word was that Coral Gables was recruiting him pretty hard. I think he just figured that with the draft class being weaker this year than next it made more sense to come out now. Barring some pre-draft issue, he's probably going to get drafted this year. If he had gone the grad transfer route, there would be a risk of injury or not meshing well with the new team and falling out of the draft completely. Even if he went to Coral Gables and played well, he'd probably end up in about the same spot as this year because there's going to be more good QBs available next year. I think another year in college would be good for him from a developmental standpoint, but there's only really downsides when it comes to his draft status.
    Bruce Feldman reports that the NFL scouting service told him he should wait another year. He must be awfully worried about next year’s QB class if a bunch of scouts are telling him to wait and he declares anyway.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Hungry agent+flesh=money
    Nescacdad