Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Joe Palcic leaves for WMU

https://wmubroncos.com/news/2019/1/22/lester-adds-joe-palcic-to-wmu-football-staff-as-special-teams-coordinator.aspx

Palcic is moving to Kalamazoo for the same job he has here, special teams coordinator. Losing him to a MAC rival is a huge blow, IMO. Only way this makes sense is either 1) he and Martin had serious conflicts or 2) WMU can afford a MUCH higher salary than we can. And neither of those is good.
QuinoaburgerMHT_Meme_TeamDICK

Comments

• rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    no MAC school should be able to afford pay more than Miami can. If that is true, there is something wrong .
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    ouch
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Tim Lester got a two year extension this year. Could be a lateral move looking for stability.
    redhawk11
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Joins Mike Bath.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    TRAITORS!!!
    dave67DICKelpalito
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    What makes this worse is Palcic also played for Miami. I wish him well, wish he was still with us as he did an excellent job this year! 
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Chuck was so good at ST, he will probably just take it back himself.
    RenmancoLove_and_Honorskin66DICKMacCracken
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited January 22
    19goSkins said:

Chuck was so good at ST, he will probably just take it back himself.

Chuck has money in his budget. He needs to hire another coach to replace Palcic and name someone the new special teams coach. We made strides in ST with a designated coach. We don't need to move backwards. 
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    rexjack53 said:

no MAC school should be able to afford pay more than Miami can. If that is true, there is something wrong .

I agree, something is wrong with Miami’s athletic program, and someone needs to be held responsible.
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    Wtf? Why? Palcic is a Miami man, and this is a lateral move. On paper, this makes no sense.
    dave67
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    All I know is that Joe Palcic did a great job with our special teams his year, I really hate losing him.
    Quinoaburger
  • MooreHawk said:

Tim Lester got a two year extension this year. Could be a lateral move looking for stability.

Its this.
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly

Wtf? Why? Palcic is a Miami man, and this is a lateral move. On paper, this makes no sense.

Reuniting with old buddy Mike Bath. Bath will be a head coach somewhere soon enough, andI suspect Palcic will follow him when it happens.

• RedseaRedsea Senior Barfly
    Iam4hawks said:

Reuniting with old buddy Mike Bath. Bath will be a head coach somewhere soon enough, andI suspect Palcic will follow him when it happens.

Is that your hunch or do you have inside info? I would not have thought that a position coach from the MWC or MAC is heading that way anytime soon
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

Iam4hawks said:

Is that your hunch or do you have inside info? I would not have thought that a position coach from the MWC or MAC is heading that way anytime soon
    I can ensure you what he doesn't have is inside info.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Bath is a long way away from being a HC unless he goes to a very small school.
    Hawks05
  • HawksGrad18HawksGrad18 Summer Orientee
    $$$$ is what I have heard
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

If true, that means we had a guy who single handedly transformed us from the worst special teams unit in the conference to one of the best in the country in just one season, and we couldn't come up with the money to keep him from taking the exact same job for a conference rival. And this happened despite the guy being an alum. It's incredible how consistently this program manages to be a debacle.
    AORedHawk33thechuck_2112dave67skin66MacCrackenGene
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    culture of champions!
    thechuck_2112CycloneAl
  • GeneGene Havighurstite

If true, that means we had a guy who single handedly transformed us from the worst special teams unit in the conference to one of the best in the country in just one season, and we couldn't come up with the money to keep him from taking the exact same job for a conference rival. And this happened despite the guy being an alum. It's incredible how consistently this program manages to be a debacle.
    My sentiments completely!
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Yet we had a GIGANTIC ANONYMOUS DONOR willing to send the team to a bowl game that wasn't a bowl game!
    AORedHawk33Quinoaburgergrumpy1MHT_Meme_Team
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

Yet we had a GIGANTIC ANONYMOUS DONOR willing to send the team to a bowl game that wasn't a bowl game!
    Turns out that Xerox stock wasn't actually worth that much after all!
    Bash_Riprockdave67redhawk11Love_and_HonorChiefPanic
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum

So bizarre
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Gene said:

My sentiments completely!
    Competent leadership at the top doesn't allow this to happen unless the salary boost to move is large (+25%+ over current pay) or, for some reason, there was a legitimate falling-out.
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Job security has to be a factor too.  Miami is underfunded and what boosters we have seem to be about 60/40 on wanting Chuck's head on a stick.  Even if it wasn't that big of a raise (or any), WMU might look like a gig more likely to also be available in 2020. 
    Generedbear18
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    This is very interesting to me. In a televised game this season, there was a quick shot of the sideline where Palcic seemed for all the world to be instructing CM, as if there was a kickoff rule he didn't understand. Granted, it was a quick shot and could have been anything, but you wonder if Palcic got tired of babysitting Chuck.
    JCook32

This is very interesting to me. In a televised game this season, there was a quick shot of the sideline where Palcic seemed for all the world to be instructing CM, as if there was a kickoff rule he didn't understand. Granted, it was a quick shot and could have been anything, but you wonder if Palcic got tired of babysitting Chuck.

lol 

I know you guys love bashing Chuck but this one comes from the top.
  • Hawks24Hawks24 Havighurstite

And that would be....?

• grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly

Well, that's certainly cryptic.
    Bash_Riprock