Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Comments

• NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    edited February 20
    Really disappointing schedule!

Homecoming again coincides with the home opener - this year against the FCS opponent. I don’t understand why the Buffalo game on Sept 28 wasn’t selected as the HC game. The game at Ohio - the Battle of the Bricks - is once again a mid-week November game in Athens. It’s is beginning to look like I may never be able to travel to Athens to watch Miami and Ohio play again. Two Saturday Byes - one on a prime October weekend and another on Nov 2.
    5 home games - only three on Saturdays - and 7 away. 1/3 of our schedule is being played mid-week in November. I think our transition to an early season BIG 10 money game and November made for TV program is nearly complete.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Yeah what the hell is wrong with 9/28???
    Nescacdad
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    I have to agree. 9/28 would have made more sense than Tenn Tech first home game of the year. I went ahead and asked on Twitter why it is this way. Curious if I will receive an answer. 
    NescacdadChrisW1980
  • RedseaRedsea Senior Barfly
    The MAC actually did move most of the rivalry games earlier and to saturdays. Only Miami at Ohio remained on the weekday. That game is going to be played on the 150th anniversary of college football. The homecoming date is very odd....again. We are playing two money games this year and we generally only play one.
  • FredFred Dodds God
    I've already largely checked-out of regularly attending games, so my opinion is not particularly important, but speaking for the run-of-the-mill fan/student/alum/employee/townie, this might be the least interesting home schedule I've seen.
    I have an answer from the athletic department as to why Homecoming isn't Sept 28. The University had discussions about that weekend, but it is Rosh Hashanah weekend and that is why it wasn't chosen. 
  • RH doesn't start until sundown on Sunday...
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Terrible schedule.

RH doesn't start until sundown on Sunday...

Many families spend the weekend out of town with family. 
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    October 12 @ Western Michigan, yay! A game I can easily attend.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Randy Walker used to say, " Looks like a pretty good schedule to me.  Miami is playing in every game".
    Professor_FateHawksGrad18DevilGradIam4hawkskillgas2090skin
  • Bluesman said:

They should have given equal weight to my sincerely-held religious belief that Homecoming belongs in October (or as close as possible thereto).

Bluesman said:

They should have given equal weight to my sincerely-held religious belief that Homecoming belongs in October (or as close as possible thereto).

Iam4hawks
  • greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    Black Friday at ball state
    redhawk11
  • When you look at the overall MAC schedule it is a weird one.
  • CycloneAlCycloneAl Havighurstite
    Usually the homecoming game is one you can win.....thus Tenn. Tech rather than Buffalo
    CycloneAl said:

Usually the homecoming game is one you can win.....thus Tenn. Tech rather than Buffalo

But for attendance purposes, you would like to separate the home opener, homecoming, and family weekend.

skin66QuinoaburgerDICKNescacdad
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    That schedule is neither fan, nor team friendly. 
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    Nescacdad said:

Homecoming again coincides with the home opener - this year against the FCS opponent. I don’t understand why the Buffalo game on Sept 28 wasn’t selected as the HC game. The game at Ohio - the Battle of the Bricks - is once again a mid-week November game in Athens. It’s is beginning to look like I may never be able to travel to Athens to watch Miami and Ohio play again. Two Saturday Byes - one on a prime October weekend and another on Nov 2.
    5 home games - only three on Saturdays - and 7 away. 1/3 of our schedule is being played mid-week in November. I think our transition to an early season BIG 10 money game and November made for TV program is nearly complete.

I would like to see Miami vs OU, Toledo vs BG, Kent vs Akron, EMU vs WMU, NI, vs BSU all on the same day....have a rivalry Saturday event and see if you can get ESPN behind it. 

Nescacdad
  • skipatrollerskipatroller Senior Barfly
    Iam4hawks said:

Nescacdad said:

I would like to see Miami vs OU, Toledo vs BG, Kent vs Akron, EMU vs WMU, NI, vs BSU all on the same day....have a rivalry Saturday event and see if you can get ESPN behind it. 

Viewership and attendance would still be less than OSU vs Michigan for all 5 of these games combined Sad to say.
    The cable television channel ESPN? Or ESPN+?
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    CycloneAl said:

Counterpoint: almost all of our homecoming games since the Sunday nighter vs NIU.
    redhawk11
  • This is the big downside to playing UC at PBS - a year with zero home rivalry games. Last year was theoretically solid given how we had OU and Marshall plus UC at PBS, but the meh team, bad weather for MU/UC, and OU weeknight killed that. Now the chickens come home to roost and we have a boring schedule, the only upside is that 2020 has OU, UC, and Army. Potentially with a new head coach.
    redhawk11
  • One interesting note: the OU game will be played exactly on the 150th anniversary on college football.

redhawk11
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    And they wonder why are attendance sucks.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    Gene said:

I meant why our attendance sucks.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    greggie76 said:

Black Friday at ball state

Personally, I like that a lot better than Tuesday night before Thanksgiving.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Gene said:

Gene said:

They have solved that issue.  Notice the two big payday games at Iowa and Ohio State.
  • GeneGene Havighurstite
    DICK said:

Gene said:

Gene said:

They have solved that issue.  Notice the two big payday games at Iowa and Ohio State.
    <br/ Aha, they really could care less about butts in the stands.
  • richiebrichieb Havighurstite
    At least the Black Friday at Ball State will be one that a normal fan can attend. Besides that, I agree with everyone else. 1 home game in October is disappointing.