Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC to the Arizona Bowl starting in 2020

thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
Per Brett McMurphy.

The Tucson game would feature a MAC team against a MWC team, with the MAC taking the Sun Belt's old slot.  It's broadcast on CBS Sports Network.
JHVMUFBAlumDICK

Comments

• Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Are we losing a game in return? It's not a prestigious bowl by any means, but if it'd ensure we play with a 6-6 record I'll take it in a heartbeat.
    skin66
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    In a similar article I saw that the MAC is going to increase up to six guaranteed bowl games. So that is more than the five we had committed this year. Also the Myrtle Beach bowl starts in 2020 and we are in that rotation. I would guess there will be some changes in the next rotation but expect us to play other G5 teams again.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Doesn't look like we lose a bowl. The line up should be

– Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl vs. American Athletic

– Dollar General Bowl vs. Sun Belt

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Mountain West

– Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl vs. Conference USA

–Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. Sun Belt

–Arizona Bowl vs. Mountain West

Plus 4 of 6 years the MAC has a slot in the Myrtle Beach Bowl vs. SB/C-USA and there is the back up slot in the quick Lane.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Great, we can continue to not win any OOC games but now have a better shot at a bowl at 6-6!
    grumpy1
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    That is a great development for the MAC. The more exposure to different parts of the country the better!
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

Great, we can continue to not win any OOC games but now have a better shot at a bowl at 6-6!

I'm all for a 90-minute flight to our bowl game.
    Re6H5wk
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Two points...or questions:

1) What is the MAC's money haul on its bowl games over the past 5 years or so vs other conferences....is it increasing or decreasing as that speaks to the status of those bowls and how the MAC gets positioned.
    2) What is the trend of the MAC on a win-loss basis? are we winning more than we are losing. My recollection is that we haven't fared too well in bowl games recently and, if so, does that "relegate" us to a lower level of games (in terms of relative payout)

I'm sure the data is out there somewhere and one of you much smarter posters than I can answer these questions.

Thanks in advance as always.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Renmanco said:

Two points...or questions:

1) What is the MAC's money haul on its bowl games over the past 5 years or so vs other conferences....is it increasing or decreasing as that speaks to the status of those bowls and how the MAC gets positioned.
    2) What is the trend of the MAC on a win-loss basis? are we winning more than we are losing. My recollection is that we haven't fared too well in bowl games recently and, if so, does that "relegate" us to a lower level of games (in terms of relative payout)

I'm sure the data is out there somewhere and one of you much smarter posters than I can answer these questions.

Thanks in advance as always.
    I think we went 1-5 in bowl games this last year. It has been really terrible over the last three years. The bowl payouts are meaningless for the bowl games the MAC plays in (unless we have the top group of 5 team).

If the payout says $750k then the school has to buy that amount of tickets. If it a lower payout then there are less tickets. G5 bowls are lucky to be break even. Now being part of the bowl series has some nice payouts but the differenece between the boca raton and arozona bowl would be meaningless
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    – Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl vs. American Athletic

– Dollar General Bowl vs. Sun Belt

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Mountain West

– Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl vs. Conference USA

–Raycom Media Camellia Bowl vs. Sun Belt

–Arizona Bowl vs. Mountain West

You can't make these up. Because someone else already did.