Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Toledo Series

killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
Took game one 10-6.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    23-5 now!
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    Curious to know what the pouches are that some guys have right at their belt buckles.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    They took game two 3-2. They're now 24-5 (7-1) on the season. They've won 6 in a row and 21 of the last 23. Miami actually has a decent shot at winning 40 games this season, which would be the first time doing that since 2005.

Completely unrelated, but while I was looking that up, I just found out that Miami won an NCAA tournament game that season 35-8.
    Re6H5wk
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    MUHawk84 said:

Curious to know what the pouches are that some guys have right at their belt buckles.

I assume they are play sheets where the coach can just yell out a number to tell them what to do. It's annoying.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited April 2019

They took game two 3-2. They're now 24-5 (7-1) on the season. They've won 6 in a row and 21 of the last 23. Miami actually has a decent shot at winning 40 games this season, which would be the first time doing that since 2005.

Completely unrelated, but while I was looking that up, I just found out that Miami won an NCAA tournament game that season 35-8.
    Quinnipiac!
    Bash_RiprockDICK
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum

Quinnipiac!
    =>At time (may still be), it was a record for runs scored and maybe victory margin.

• Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum

Quinnipiac!
    I was there!
    Re6H5wk
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum

I'd take that 2005 team, over this one, any day.  That 2005 team was stacked!  What a time to be on campus to see some of the best baseball.  Games were started at 3pm, the grill going down the first base line.  I miss those days.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

I'd take that 2005 team, over this one, any day.  That 2005 team was stacked!  What a time to be on campus to see some of the best baseball.  Games were started at 3pm, the grill going down the first base line.  I miss those days.
    Leave it to HawkTalk to start comparing the glory days and bitch about a 24-5 team...
    MooreHawkQuinoaburgerDICKJCook32muhawk
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited April 2019

Quinnipiac!
    I remember that. I was still in school in '05. Was Adam Eaton on that team?

Edit: No, he was there later.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Unfortunately, we are down 7-3 in the bottom of the 7th. They started early today because of the PM rain forecast.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    We lose 7-5.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Took 2 out of 3 in Toledo.  Playing well on the road in the MAC thus far.

Nuxhall Classic this week and then up to BG for 3 games.