Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami University Soccer Complex Renovations Begin

adyonkaadyonka Wealthy Alum
Construction has begun for the multi-million renovation of Miami University's Women's Varsity Soccer Complex, designed by MSA Sport. The work is being performed by Megen Construction Company, Inc. and began earlier this week.

Press Release: https://miamiredhawks.com/news/2019/4/24/womens-soccer-miami-university-soccer-complex-renovations-begin.aspx

Comments

• elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Kinda reads like mostly a lighting upgrade with other cosmetic changes. Are the stands wholly new?
  • adyonkaadyonka Wealthy Alum
    According to the release, “the complex will receive a new 700 seat bleacher structure and a complete re-skin and renovation of the existing press box” so parts are new and parts are renovations of existing features.
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Havighurstite
    The old bleachers were in a big pile last Saturday
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    adyonka said:According to the release, “the complex will receive a new 700 seat bleacher structure and a complete re-skin and renovation of the existing press box” so parts are new and parts are renovations of existing features.

Will the "re-skin" be a "redskin"? 
    ducking
  • adyonkaadyonka Wealthy Alum
    edited April 2019
    David Sayler tweeted:
    Thanks once again to some key significant donors to this project, they made it a reality!! Your support truly made the difference and we are grateful for your involvement! #GraduatingChampions #RiseUpRedHawks

Source: https://twitter.com/MiamiOH_DSayler/status/1121475957976633344

Nice to see “key significant donors” stepping up!
    DICK
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    I might be wrong but I think part of the issue for the fields is that it's in a low lying area and prone to being swampy/soft at best and flood prone at worst. Part of the rebuilding besides the stands and cosmetics etc. is improving the drainage and making the whole complex "dryer" and creating a better playing surface. 
    Professor_Fate
  • MazMaz Senior Barfly
    Davearama said:

I might be wrong but I think part of the issue for the fields is that it's in a low lying area and prone to being swampy/soft at best and flood prone at worst. Part of the rebuilding besides the stands and cosmetics etc. is improving the drainage and making the whole complex "dryer" and creating a better playing surface. 

I thought they addressed that problem 10-15 years ago.  Am I wrong?  Was it just talked about and never actually done ... like, oh maybe the major upgrades to Millett?
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    They completed the geothermal field next to the soccer field and now it's time to upgrade the pitch.