Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Brandon Peters (Michigan QB Transfer)

laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
Another name that has entered the transfer portal. No idea if he would he would have any interest in us. However, was highly rated coming out of Avon, IN HS. Had 4 starts in redshirt freshmanyear in 2017. 2 years of eligibility remaining. 6'5" Pro Style QB.

Comments

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Is he a grad transfer? I can't imagine us taking in a transfer QB who wouldn't be eligible until 2020.
    agc
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Based on the heat Chuck has been taking around here, I don't think he'd even buy green bananas at this point.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    DevilGrad said:

Based on the heat Chuck has been taking around here, I don't think he'd even buy green bananas at this point.

Overall or new heat???
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    Grad transfer. Eligible immediately.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

Grad transfer. Eligible immediately.

He graduated in three years? You’re not confusing him with the PSU QB, right?
    No confusion. Same situation as Alex Malzone last year. Mich grad with two years left.
    Spanks004
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    The consensus up here is that Purdue is the favorite for him to go to.
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    mz343 said:

Wants to go to a team that can compete with Ohio State

mz343 said:

I guess that means his short list is about 6 schools (5 if you exclude the school he is leaving).
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    Why would any of these guys choose Miami? Don't they want to play at a big program?
    JiveHawk
    rexjack53 said:

Why would any of these guys choose Miami? Don't they want to play at a big program?

They had the chance to play at a big-time program and did not play.

The problem for 4 or 5 star guys who go to big-time programs is that there are 4 or 5 other guys on the roster that were 4 or 5 stars. They all cannot play.

They can transfer to another big-time program but the math is still the math.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33DICK
    I can see going to a non Power team that has had recent success but not Miami. No intent to insult the program but it has not won MAC championship since 2010 and I forget  who was the last OOC FBS win?
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Chuck has done well with QBs here. I'm not a big fan of Chuck right now, but if I was a college QB who wanted to play under a coach that could help me, I would choose Chuck.
    He has done a good job with a highly touted QB and a very good job with a QB who was not highly recruited. That's a nice track record.
    BoarsHeadHeroJCook32DICKagc
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited May 7
    rexjack53 said:Why would any of these guys choose Miami? Don't they want to play at a big program?

They want
    to play.  The #7 pick in the NFL draft last year was a not-very-good quarterback from a not-very-good G5 team.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33CAredhawk13Love_and_HonorDICK
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

I can see going to a non Power team that has had recent success but not Miami. No intent to insult the program but it has not won MAC championship since 2010 and I forget  who was the last OOC FBS win?

At least be honest with yourself.... your intent is to insult the program.
    JiveHawkScalperFraggleHawk
  • moosemoose Senior Barfly
    laxdaddy said:

rexjack53 said:

They had the chance to play at a big-time program and did not play.

The problem for 4 or 5 star guys who go to big-time programs is that there are 4 or 5 other guys on the roster that were 4 or 5 stars. They all cannot play.

They can transfer to another big-time program but the math is still the math.
    Peters was just a roster causality. He should have been the #2 and starter in 2017 after the Speight injury but wasted four games trying to start OKorn. He wasn’t going to see the field anymore in Ann Arbor now with Patterson and Mccaferry.

Didn’t play bad, completion percentage was low but didn’t make costly mistakes like O’Korn did.
    redhawk11
  • BoarsHeadHeroBoarsHeadHero Havighurstite
    redhawk11 said:

Chuck has done well with QBs here. I'm not a big fan of Chuck right now, but if I was a college QB who wanted to play under a coach that could help me, I would choose Chuck.
    He has done a good job with a highly touted QB and a very good job with a QB who was not highly recruited. That's a nice track record.

Not sure Billy Bahl would agree with you...
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Andrew Hendrix and Gus
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

Andrew Hendrix and Gus

I agree...he did a lot with Gus, who would never be a true, pro QB type. Will be interested how our next two are
    NO my intent was NOT to insult the program with questioning why any of these guys would choose Miami over a program that has had recent success. 
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Size matters.
  • MHT_Meme_TeamMHT_Meme_Team Havighurstite
    laxdaddy said:

mz343 said:

I guess that means his short list is about 6 schools (5 if you exclude the school he is leaving).
    you missed the joke
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

redhawk11 said:

Not sure Billy Bahl would agree with you...
    Billy was not able to hold the job at Ashland either.  Lack of success for Bahl is on him, not the coaches.

redhawk11Spanks004
    Bahl always seemed confused and easily rattled. Had raw talent but lacked mentally.
    agc
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum
    edited May 13
    rexjack53 said:

Bahl always seemed confused and easily rattled. Had raw talent but lacked mentally.

So you're saying that Billy lacked bahls.
    FootbalheadLove_and_HonorChiefPanicagc
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite

rexjack53 said:

LMAO
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

rexjack53 said:

Dammit
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited May 13
    nm
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    247Sports reporting he will visit Miami, Illinois and BG. Illinois is this Saturday followed by Miami and BG. So that is good news at least that we are getting him to visit.  

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    It doesn't breed a ton of confidence for this season that the coaches have been so actively shopping for a new QB.
    redhawk11Redsea