Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Season Predictions????

FootbalheadFootbalhead Dodds God
Can we win the MAC Championship or make it to a bowl game this year? Also who do you think will have a breakout season?

Comments

• greggie76greggie76 Havighurstite
    8 and 4
    agc
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Probably not, probably not and I hope Chuck does. If Chuck has a break out season my first answers will change.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    I will wager my house that we'll go 1-3 OOC. After that, I have no idea.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    L @ Iowa
    W vs. Tennessee Tech
    L @ Cincinnati
    L @ Ohio St.
    W vs. Buffalo
    L @ WMU
    L vs. NIU
    W @ Kent St.
    L @ Ohio
    W vs. Bowling Green
    W vs. Akron
    W @ Ball St.

6-6 (5-3). Second in the division behind Ohio. Attendance and morale is abysmal because of the slow start. Snubbed for a bowl game again.
    AORedHawk33agcMHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11digitalhawkkillgas20ChrisW1980DICKMoHawk
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited May 9
    It's never really a good year to have to start a QB that's never played a snap. But man, this is an especially brutal season to have that hurdle. One of the toughest OOC schedules possibly in Miami football history? Two top 25 teams and a UC team that won 11 games last season. Depth will be tested early and it'll be vital for chuck to have a QB ready for MAC play. While I'm chalking up three OOC loses, I think this team has enough talent and experience at spots to contend for a MAC title. My guess is this team ends up 7-5, makes a bowl, but finishes second in the east and doesn't go to the MACCG.

The bigger question is what are Sayler's expectations for this season. Chuck is hanging on by a thread, but Sayler probably has to cut him a little slack with Iowa and Ohio State on the schedule. Does 7-5, a bowl appearance, but no MAC title game get him another year?
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

L @ Iowa
    W vs. Tennessee Tech
    L @ Cincinnati
    L @ Ohio St.
    W vs. Buffalo
    L @ WMU
    L vs. NIU
    W @ Kent St.
    L @ Ohio
    W vs. Bowling Green
    W vs. Akron
    W @ Ball St.

6-6 (5-3). Second in the division behind Ohio. Attendance and morale is abysmal because of the slow start. Snubbed for a bowl game again.
    I wouldn't really call a 6-6 MAC team a snub.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    Must get 7 wins for a bowl. That means winning every game should win and at least 1 were the team will be the underdog.

How good is UC supposed to be in 2019?
    JiveHawk
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

L @ Iowa
    W vs. Tennessee Tech
    L @ Cincinnati
    L @ Ohio St.
    W vs. Buffalo
    L @ WMU
    L vs. NIU
    W @ Kent St.
    L @ Ohio
    W vs. Bowling Green
    W vs. Akron
    W @ Ball St.

That is exactly the result I get...same wins and losses against same teams as you do. While this is an early look, anything better would be a pleasant surprise; anything worse, another disappointment.

Our OOC usually puts us into an early hole. By comparison, OU usually schedules OOC to go at least 2-2, while we always play a tougher OOC sched and end up 1-3. That one game differential usually spells bowl vs non-bowl.
    AORedHawk33
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Ohio U won't win the MAC. Some things never change.
    Re6H5wk
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    7-5.  We beat either NIU or WMU on the road. Attendance (announced vs. actual) discrepency hits all-time high.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly

L @ Iowa
    W vs. Tennessee Tech
    L @ Cincinnati
    L @ Ohio St.
    W vs. Buffalo
    L @ WMU
    L vs. NIU
    W @ Kent St.
    L @ Ohio
    W vs. Bowling Green
    W vs. Akron
    W @ Ball St.

Three straight wins to end the season!! Chuck returns!! Fans are excited already about 2020-21!!
    JCook32
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    I think you keep Chuck for the next two years, no matter how this year ends up (sans anything less than 4 wins). The schedule is brutal and we lose major contributors in both sides of the ball. 
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    edited May 10
    Am I the only one who believes we will have a hard time against Buffalo?
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Dodds God
    7-5 is probably absolute best with this years schedule.
  • Redskin89Redskin89 Dodds God
    edited May 11
    They lost their All Conference QB, WR and LB so not sure how good Buffalo will be
  • mexicohawkmexicohawk Dodds God
    With an inexperienced QB I predict 5-7.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    I see it pretty much the way QBurger does. Could lose at Kent and beat NIU at home but the result would be the same at 6-6. Need to do that and pull an upset somewhere to get to 7-5 and a bowl.
    A lot will be known after the first 4 games. Hope a QB is settled upon by then. Guess most expect a 1-3 record. 
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

A lot will be known after the first 4 games. Hope a QB is settled upon by then. Guess most expect a 1-3 record. 

I think very little will be known after 3 games. The performances against Tennessee Tech and UC will give us an idea, but we won't learn too much from Iowa and Ohio State.

JiveHawkDICK
    that's why I said 4 games. UC game should tell us something too along with the Buffalo game.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I just wish we didn't play both Iowa and OSU...brutal
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    I'll make a prediction after game 11.  Pre season predictions lately are like fools gold; get all excited with hope, but in the end there's no glory.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    rexjack53 said:

that's why I said 4 games. UC game should tell us something too along with the Buffalo game.

Typo on my part. Meant to say 4.
    Buffalo is the 5th game.

Ooops
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    We'll have the most definitive answer after the season is over....until then, I'll stick with 6-6 within a comfort range of 7-6 and 5-7.
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    11-1 with the lone loss coming at home against Tennessee Tech. Big let down after our upset at Iowa, but the ship is righted after the Tennessee Tech debacle.
    skin66dave67thechuck_2112grumpy1MHT_Meme_Teamredbear18
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

11-1 with the lone loss coming at home against Tennessee Tech. Big let down after our upset at Iowa, but the ship is righted after the Tennessee Tech debacle.

I agree that we will be favored in Columbus
    redbear18
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

That would almost be like the 1995 season for Northwestern
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Dodds God
    Well everyone that has us predicted to lose to WMU. NOT SO FAST! (Lee Corso voice)
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly

Well everyone that has us predicted to lose to WMU. NOT SO FAST! (Lee Corso voice)

MY FRIEND!