Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC gets primary tie-in with Quick Lane Bowl for 2020-2025

Comments

• Redskin89Redskin89 Dodds God
    I thought the MAC also added Myrtle Beach and Arizona Bowl as primary starting in 2020
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    The rest of the MAC bowls will be announced later but they will probably be rotations (like 4 myrtle beach over 6 years) and probably against cusa and sun belt and other G5. I think this quick lane will be the only one vs a P5
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    So many bowls and so little chance to fill them.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited June 4
    dave67 said:

This sounds like a quote from a Cheech & Chong film.  Or "That 70's Show"
    Blackbirddave67
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    I'd be down for seeing Miami in Myrtle Beach. Hotels wouldn't be an issue in December!
    Nescacdad
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    I'm down for any bowl, as long as it's warmer temperature than Cincinnati
    :D
    skin66Nescacdad
  • skipatrollerskipatroller Senior Barfly
    Is it too much to ask for six MAC teams to 6-6 or better?
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum

Is it too much to ask for six MAC teams to 6-6 or better?

There is actually a calculation that the NCAA has that determines how many bowl games your league can sign up for which is basically how many teams do you have 6-6 or better each year.  So for this cycle the MAC apparently can qualify for at least six.   
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    dave67 said:

The most recent season I can find where the MAC didn't have at least 6 teams at .500 or better is 2009.
    JiveHawk
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    It's probably a pretty in depth equation. Something like bowl eligible teams in a cycle divided by years in a cycle.