Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Griffin Baumoel

Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
Linebacker from the Naval Academy announces on Twitter that he'll be transferring to Miami. Sat out last season with a knee injury after seeing some playing time as a redshirt freshman. Had a number of MAC offers coming out of High school and a preferred walk on offer from Ohio State.

https://247sports.com/player/griffin-baumoel-92417/

agcAORedHawk33DICK

Comments

• laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    This is interesting to me as I thought if you were at the military academies you could not transfer after 2nd academic year. After 2nd year they are locked in and have to do their military commitment.  Griffin looks like he would have finished 3 years. Has that rule been changed? Hard to believe that they would invest 3 years in a cadet and then let him walk without getting some service in return. Glad to have him but wondering about if that is a rule change.
  • BoarsHeadHeroBoarsHeadHero Havighurstite
    laxdaddy said:

This is interesting to me as I thought if you were at the military academies you could not transfer after 2nd academic year. After 2nd year they are locked in and have to do their military commitment.  Griffin looks like he would have finished 3 years. Has that rule been changed? Hard to believe that they would invest 3 years in a cadet and then let him walk without getting some service in return. Glad to have him but wondering about if that is a rule change.

As a 2017 HS grad, he has only spent 2 years at the academy and is free to leave.  
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    I misinterpreted the original post when it said he sat out last year after seeing playing time as a RS freshman. That sounded to me like he got playing time as RS and then got hurt his sophomore year.

I see now that he played a few minutes in RS freshman year and then got hurt and missed the rest of the year.

Thanks for the clarification.