Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

THE CURSE OF PETE ROSE

mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
=>Bengals, FCC, Reds...city of losers.

Comments

• dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    For Pete's sake, how could possibly deduce that? ;D
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Reds won the Series after Rose gambled on Mario Soto to win every start.
    mollauttDICK
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    edited July 2019
    Mario Soto. Now there's a name I have not heard in years. One of the best changeups in baseball.
    Professor_Fate
  • BalconyHawk87BalconyHawk87 Summer Orientee
    I prefer the curse of Bo Jackson.
    mollautt
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>My favorite Mario Soto moment. I was visiting my grandma in Wheeling West Virginia as a young lad. The Reds were playing at Pittsburgh which isn't all that long of a drive from Wheeling. So we decided to make the trip for a game. Reds win the Titanic struggle after Mario Soto strikes out the side in the ninth.

I remember back then the Pirates were called the family and the Three Rivers Stadium loudspeakers kept pumping in We Are Family by The Pointer Sisters.
    =>When Miami basketball last won a postseason game, the incoming frosh were not even born yet. But you have to go back another 4 years from that (1995) to find the last time a major League team from Cincy advanced in the playoffs with Reds during the strike year. Then in the next round to get swept by the Braves.

The last time Miami football beat Cincinnati Bush was president. That's a long drought. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game Bush was president. No, not him, his father!
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

=>When Miami basketball last won a postseason game, the incoming frosh were not even born yet. But you have to go back another 4 years from that (1995) to find the last time a major League team from Cincy advanced in the playoffs with Reds during the strike year. Then in the next round to get swept by the Braves.

The last time Miami football beat Cincinnati Bush was president. That's a long drought. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game Bush was president. No, not him, his father!

It must be the water.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Renmanco said:

mollautt said:

It must be the water.
    It's the chili.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    It's the carbonation
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    I thought it was the lack of carbonation?
    redhawk11ChiefPanicDICKMacCracken
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Gas pains and intestinal bloating....along with a serious lack of talent will derail even the best of intentions.
    =>Cincinnati City Anthem

• FormerTownieFormerTownie Dodds God
    edited July 2019
    Or this...

WellsGoddess944302