Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC and CBS Sports Network Announce 4 Year Extension

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
This is for FB and BB. Through 2022-23 season. Up to 12 FB and 12 BB games a year. Coverage is nice but no idea what the money arrangements are. They do have a wide reach so more fans can see the MAC which in general is good. 

agc

Comments

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

This is for FB and BB. Through 2022-23 season. Up to 12 FB and 12 BB games a year. Coverage is nice but no idea what the money arrangements are. They do have a wide reach so more fans can see the MAC which in general is good. 

I assume the money is zero because it is a sub license from ESPN. ESPN might get something to offset the $10M per year they pay us

DICK
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Personally I hate this because it means I need to shell out more money to get the CBS Sports Network through my current streaming packages.
    dave67
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum

Personally I hate this because it means I need to shell out more money to get the CBS Sports Network through my current streaming packages.

Dido

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Generally, it is a bonus for MAC fans.  These are games which ESPN family of networks were not going to cover, or at least not on a national TV network ( maybe on ESPN3 or ESPN+?).  So I don't really feel like Bash or TC are losing some games that would have been on ESPN 2 or ESPNU.  I would think maybe these games would still be available on either ESPN3 or ESPN+?
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    CBS Sports Network is a really good network. They televise lots of games including MWC/AAC and U.S. Service Academy games. It also is on many cable networks sports packages. I think this is a nice add and agree.
    RenmancoChiefPanic
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum

CBS Sports Network is a really good network. They televise lots of games including MWC/AAC and U.S. Service Academy games. It also is on many cable networks sports packages. I think this is a nice add and agree.

They also give us really good announcers. When we played CMU in 2016 they gave us the A Team that didn't spend half the time talking CFP playoffs and games that weekend.
    DICK