Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Pigskin Picnic?

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
Anybody know the time and date?  Trying to schedule our college football fantasy draft.

Comments

• RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    I think it is August 17th
  • greggie76greggie76 Off-Campus Slummer
    Its August 17
    redhawk11
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Anybody know the time and date?  Trying to schedule our college football fantasy draft.

Bremenfest weekend. We'll be there on Sunday.
  • DavearamaDavearama Havighurstite
    17th...morning practice like last year. Have to go to Facebook page. Has date/time and also has something like--check back later for more details.

• NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited July 25
    Davearama said:

17th...morning practice like last year. Have to go to Facebook page. Has date/time and also has something like--check back later for more details.

anything up on miamiredhawks.com yet?  I couldn't find it
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

DICK said:

Bremenfest weekend. We'll be there on Sunday.
    dave67 said:

Actually, Chris W is having a 70th birthday party for 4 of us longtime Miami fans and some close friends on that Sunday ( including D-Day, Old School Scholar, Jim T, and me).  He bought a private box at the Reds game that day!!  Hats off to Chris W!

grumpy1redhawk11killgas20
    ????
    Is there another dave67??? ;D
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

????

that was my post,for some reason attributed to you.
    DICK said:

dave67 said:

????

that was my post,for some reason attributed to you.

Smiles. Figured so.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    Any updates?
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Havighurstite
    Gabbart looked really good.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    I heard....
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    A few random observations.

Williamson did not take a snap as I heard he has been nursing a small injury. Look like he had a wrap on his upper leg. He did participate in passing drills.

I like the size advantage that Mayer has and he appears to be the most athletic QB. I also liked the way he threw the ball in drills.

My concern the two times I have seen him play (Spring and today) is his decision making. To me eye, he missed some obvious reads and open receivers a couple of times. A couple of bad throws---one on an outlet pass.

Gabbert looked good in drills and showed the best decision making in the 11x11 scrimmage. He was not afraid of going vertical on a number of passes and he was generally on the mark. However, most of his time was against Defense 2nd team.

It should be an interesting battle over the next few weeks. I would not be surprised to see all 3 top QBs get snaps in the first few games. They have 4 games that Gabbert can be used and not burn his redshirt. Maybe he can win the job outright before MAC games begin. If not, sit him out the rest of the year if the other two show they can do the job.

I saw a number of true freshman getting PT. Most on defense. Richie Hagarty looks like he will be a player. Luke Bolden, Lonnie Phelps, Jr. , DL Bryant, McCullough, Jeremiah Josephs were all guys I noticed.

Easy decision for coaches will be ST. No one comes close to kicking ability of Sloman and Kramer. However, freshman kicker Blodgett did hit a 45 yd FG in live drills that Coach Martin seemed to be particularly pleased about.

I thought Defense overall looked better than Offense at this point.
    MooreHawkDICKChiefPanicQuinoaburger