Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Made it to the Bye

So I have to admit, I didn't realize we had a bye week next week until the announcers mentioned it on the broadcast. That's huge! This team needs it desperately. Great win to start MAC play. Props to these players for keeping their heads up and playing tough. Love how kids are coming off the bench ready to contribute. Need to get guys like Sorenson and the OL healthy.

Love and Honor! Time to have a beer and enjoy the rest of my Saturday.
AORedHawk33

Comments

• DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    We’re only a three-point underdog at BYE.
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    DevilGrad said:

We’re only a three-point underdog at BYE.

Devil Grad,  please proceed directly to new thread---Let's Hear Some Positives.

However, it was witty. 
    :)
  • WMU has a tough one vs Toledo too
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    If we can get healthy, we can make a run. All of us, no matter how optimistic or pessimistic we have been, know this. This is what Chuck does. I think this needs to be MAC East or bust. And I don’t mean tying and losing the tie breaker. Chuck needs to get over the hump and get to the championship game.
    Bash_RiprockJHVMUFBAlumDICK
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2019
    Bye is welcomed by all in program I'm sure.
    DICKFootbalhead
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Well, maybe UC (who dominated Marshall much more than the did Miami) is better than we thought and OSU even better than that. Just maybe we can go out and win the MAC East.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Iowa beat Middle Tennessee 8-3.  The only loss between those 3 teams was when they played each other in the OSU - UC game.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

Well, maybe UC (who dominated Marshall much more than the did Miami) is better than we thought and OSU even better than that. Just maybe we can go out and win the MAC East.

I don't really think it matters how good those teams are. Miami should be able to compete in the East with this roster. It's us and Ohio. BG and Akron are putrid. Kent will get a big win somewhere along the way but won't contend. Buffalo beat Temple but lost to Liberty. They will be up and down and could indirectly decide the East. Beating them was huge.

DICK
  • NescacdadNescacdad Wealthy Alum
    Cincykid3 said:

And the UC win over UCLA is starting to look better for the Bearcats following the past two weeks and the Bruins’ spectacular comeback win at Pullman and their near miss in Tucson.
  • redhawk11 said:

Cincykid3 said:

I don't really think it matters how good those teams are. Miami should be able to compete in the East with this roster. It's us and Ohio. BG and Akron are putrid. Kent will get a big win somewhere along the way but won't contend. Buffalo beat Temple but lost to Liberty. They will be up and down and could indirectly decide the East. Beating them was huge.

It is certainly dumb to give Chuck wins, but BG, Akron, and Kent should all be Ws. Ball State I would say trends in our favor. They should at least be able to get one against WMU, NIU, and OU. Just one. 7-5 should be the floor and the ceiling is the roof.

But this is Chuck...
    grumpy1