Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WHODEY 2019

mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
edited September 2019 in Paid to Play
=>Bengals are on FIRE!!!

Close to within 1.5 of FIRST PLACE!

Comments

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    This is just putrid offense. Dalton looks like crap. Huber also just got off a rocket of 29 yards, wow.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2019

Seriously this is SAD...Bengals look completely incompetent....the offense has no rhythm, OL really not playing well.

I see some stuff from Steelers that I'd like Miami to use though....those quick passes to the backs.

Does Dalton feel the pressure at all...he seems to have zero awareness?  

Has a Miami vs UC atmosphere....Pittsburgh just owning the Bengals as usual.
  • Boy that Bengals-Dolphins matchup this December will be a tank bowl for the ages.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    That offense is terrible. It looked like the Bengals didn’t even care for 90% of that game.
    dave67
  • Somewhere in Arizona, Marvin Lewis is playing golf.
    dave67
  • If I were Andy Dalton, I'd just retire.  Why get CTE for an owner who can't even be bothered to pay for a line?
  • If I were Andy Dalton, I'd just retire.  Why get CTE for an owner who can't even be bothered to pay for a line?

Bob Nelson predicted playing for the Bengals, back in the 1980’s, “You could get seriously killed.”
  • John Ross on the IR.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

=>Bengals are on FIRE!!!

Close to within 1.5 of FIRST PLACE!

mollautt said:

I think your observation that the Bengals are on Fire was correct, but perhaps your interpretation of that was a little off.

Bash_Riprock
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    Two things

The Bengals have given up 19 sacks, the Cardinals 20.  Two worst teams in the league at protecting their QB's.  Now their QB's are both good ( but not great).  So which team can provide a little protection today probably wins....Arizona has yet to have the lead in a game this season, that indicates the Bengals are better.

I don't normally watch any NFL pregame shows but I was eating at Subway this morning and they had one on.  The conversation was about Burfect and his suspension.  One of the commentators mentioned that several former Bengal players had come to the defense of Marvin Lewis, who has been criticized for being an enabler of Burfect.  They said that Lewis tried to have much tougher punishments for Burfect, but Mike Brown would not allow it.  So Mike Brown should get the blame for being the enabler, not Marvin Lewis.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Arizona now knows what it feels like to be ahead...These uniforms make it very difficult to watch.  Cardinals are all white with a little red trim and Bengals are white pants with light orange tops.  There is not enough contrast between the uniforms.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Cardinals up 16-9 early in the 4th period.  John Ross joins AJ Green on the injured list.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    Cardinals win on a game ending field goal.  Murray was impressive today.  Dalton had taken the Bengals down the field for two straight TD's to tie the score, but left Murray 2 minutes.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited October 2019
    Andy Dalton has been benched in favor of rookie QB Ryan Findley.

Yeah, this is gonna help.  It's like putting masking tape on the Titanic, after the boat sank.

Mike Brown is just proof that football knowledge is not hereditary.

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Yeah, this is gonna help.  It's like putting masking tape on the Titanic, after the boat sank.

I still think that my Redskins are way more poorly run. It's close. But not really.
    grumpy1
  • Andy Dalton has been benched in favor of rookie QB Ryan Findley.

I still think that my Redskins are way more poorly run. It's close. But not really.
    It's not even close.  Go back to 1991 and start from there, that was Mikey Boy's first year owning the club after Paul Brown died.  1991 season, the Redskins win the Super Bowl.  1991 season, the Bengals go 3-13.

And as a Redskin fan since 1975, I will agree.  When it comes to Asshattery, Daniel Snyder could open a haberdashery.

Where Synder is incompetent.  Brown makes Raymond Babbitt look like a leading member of Mensa.
    The_Sackman
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

I don't know much about football, but I don't think it's supposed to "help." They're 0-8. The season is over. They probably just want to get a better look at the rookie.
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    Psht...Pittsburgh Pirates way outpace the Bengals and Redskins when it comes to inept ownership...
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Bring pro football back to Ohio!
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    NCAA just did that >:)
    moose
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Senior Barfly

I don't know much about footbatll, but I don't think it's supposed to "help." They're 0-8. The season is over. They probably just want to get a better look at the rookie.
    That is what they have stated, they are basically deciding if they want Finley or to draft a QB.  What's mind boggling is that Mike Brown refuses to trade trade Dalton in that scenario where he's no longer a part of the teams future because paraphrasing here:  it's not his job to help other teams get better.
    Re6H5wk
  • 2xHawk said:

I don't know much about footbatll, but I don't think it's supposed to "help." They're 0-8. The season is over. They probably just want to get a better look at the rookie.
    That is what they have stated, they are basically deciding if they want Finley or to draft a QB.  What's mind boggling is that Mike Brown refuses to trade trade Dalton in that scenario where he's no longer a part of the teams future because paraphrasing here:  it's not his job to help other teams get better.

Mile Brown’s View has been “He signed a contract, he’s going to fulfill the contract with the Bengals. If he walks after the contract is expired and is a free agent, then that’s his choice.”

Doesn’t anyone remember the crap Carson Palmer had with Mike Brown?

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Mike Brown hasn't changed in 30 years of running the franchise.  The only sane move for Bengal fans is to forget about the NFL or pick another team.
    ChrisW1980
  • I should have bet my ROTH IRA on the Ravens -10 at Cincinnati on Sunday
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Mike Brown continues to make a nice living off Bengal fans buying tickets and the TV deal. Winning is apparently not part of his equation.
    Professor_Fate
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2019
    DICK said:

Mike Brown hasn't changed in 30 years of running the franchise.  The only sane move for Bengal fans is to forget about the NFL or pick another team.

=>Being a fan of Cincinnati professional sports is what will get us into heaven. When we die and meet Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates, we will get in because we suffered enough on Earth.

And if I'm wrong and we are sent to hell, nothing will seem that bad there. In fact, we would already qualify as tour guides the moment we arrive.

Odd comment from you DICK considering you are reds fan right?
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    A perfect season seems within reach.
    mollautt
    JohnnyMac said:

A perfect season seems within reach.

=>Gonna be tough. Still have games against the Dolphins, the Jets, and two games versus the Browns.

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

DICK said:

=>Being expand of Cincinnati professional sports is what will get us into heaven. When we die and meet Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates, we will get in because we suffered enough on Earth.

And if I'm wrong and we are sent to hell, nothing will seem that bad there. In fact, we would already qualify as tour guides the moment we arrive.

Odd comment from you DICK considering you are reds fan right?
    I do not see rooting for the Reds as being the same.  Bob Castellini wants to win badly and will put his money into the roster to try to win.  Now the similarity which I think you are referring to is that the Reds have been bad for 5 or 6 years.  However, the Reds are trying different things and I think will eventually get it right and be good again.

Here is another big difference.  The Reds are community oriented.  They have also tried to build the Reds brand, one example is with what might be the best individual team Hall of Fame in the majors. They often honor players/teams from the past.  Also, the Reds are constantly trying to improve their stadium, and the Reds pay for those improvements.  The Bengals do little for the community and nothing to build the brand or the tradition of Bengal football.  The taxpayers of Cincinnati are forced by law to pay for all improvements in Paul Brown Stadium.  With Mike Brown it seems to be all take and very little give.  The Bengals also seem unable to change/adapt to current trends and rule changes.

Mike Brown is unlikely to change, this is his family business so I doubt he would sell, when he dies his kids will take over.  NFL franchises make money simply by opening their doors with their huge TV contracts, so he will make money no matter how non competitive the franchise is.    So when I put all that together, that is why I walked away from Bengal fandom and why I made my suggestion.  Long suffering Bengal fans have endured a lot, while you may feel you owe loyalty to the city, do you really feel you should owe loyalty to Mike Brown?  Has be been fighting hard for the Bengals to win?  Has he given back in a big way to make Cincy a better place to live?  I kind of think the Reds try to do those things.

grumpy1
    =>PBS has been renamed Chick-fil-A Stadium because Bengals don't work on Sunday.
    moose